How to Choose the Best Shoe Storage Box?
Table of Contents
Top Best Shoe Storage Box Based on Reviews and Price
Why You Need a Good Shoe Storage Box?
For many years now, we have believed that storing shoes in a cabinet is the best option. But, the best shoe storage box will help with the effective storing of shoes. As against storing the shoes in a storage cardboard box where you pile up all shoes, the right shoe storage box will help. In the former case, you will have a hard time finding the right pair when you are in a hurry. But, with the best shoe storage box, you will be in a position to keep the shoes organized such that you can quickly grab the right pair when you are in a hurry starting to your work in the morning.
8 Things to Consider Before Buying a Shoe Storage Box
When it comes to shopping for a shoe storage box, you will have to decide on the best box after considering different factors. Let us delve into the points of consideration one after the other here:
1. Consider The Material
The material used for making the shoe storage box is an essential consideration in the process of selecting the right box. Here are some options you will come across:
Plastic is a common material that you will come across when it comes to storage boxes for shoes. Here are some reasons to consider choosing this material:
- Plastic boxes will generally be easier to handle due to lightweight.
- Most plastic boxes give better visibility of the content from outside. So, you can easily identify the box in which you have stored the shoe that you have decided to wear on a specific day.
- Plastic is an affordable option compared to boxes made using other materials.
- You should completely dry the shoes before storing them into a plastic storage box.
- If not completely dried, there are chances of mold development
- Studies show that when shoes kept in some plastic boxes remain unused for long faces irreparable damages.
Fabric shoe storage boxes are gaining popularity these days. Without delaying much, let us throw some light on the pros and cons of a shoebox made using this material:
- It is durable
- It is portable and lightweight
- It is affordable and decorative
- It comes in attractive designs
- Easy to wash and maintain
- These boxes tend to bend with long-term use as they are not rigid like other materials.
- They are not transparent. So, every time you will have to open the box to know which pair you have stored in it.
Solid wood is a traditional type of wood as you know. How about getting a shoe storage box made using this material? Understanding its pros and cons will help you decide:
- It is a strong material and so you can stay assured about the durability
- You will come across solid wood shoe storage boxes made using different types of woods.
- Shoe storage boxes made using solid wood will have natural grains. So, if you are looking for uniqueness in your shoe storage box, you can choose this material.
- When a solid wood storage box is exposed to constant moisture from improperly dried shoes, there are chances of damage to the surface.
- When it damages, you will have to get it re-polished and sanded to reuse the solid wood storage box.
Otherwise called engineered wood, manufactured wood is being used in making shoe storage boxes and even furniture these days. This material is available in different variants like MDF, HDF, Plywood, veneered boards, and particle boards. Here is the list of the pros and cons of this material:
- Cost-effective compared to solid wood boxes.
- Environmentally sustainable as compared to solid wood as it is a renewable variety of wood
- Surfaces of manufactured wood boxes are improved in looks with the help of decorative laminates or natural-wood veneers.
- Good-quality manufactured wood is resistant to moisture and durable.
- Solid wood boxes are carved, while in manufactured wood boxes adhesives are used to attach different parts. If proper adhesives are not used, it can be toxic.
- This material is not as durable as solid wood. The surface will be thin in general and can chip or get delaminated when not used properly.
To make metal shoe boxes, different types of metals are used by manufacturers. Let us get some insight into the pros and cons of shoe storage boxes made using this material:
- Better durability as it is stronger than other materials like plastic and fabric storage boxes
- Metal storage boxes can be handled with ease as they cannot get easily damaged like other materials like plastic and canvas material.
- As the metal is a corrosive material, it can affect the quality of the shoes stored if they remain unused for long.
- Some metal boxes weigh more, thereby making it hard to handle.
- You cannot get visibility of the shoes stored within this box. You will have to open the box every time to see the shoes stored within.
These are the five common options when it comes to the material used for making shoe storage boxes. You can weigh the pros and cons listed above to choose the suitable material for your shoe storage needs.
2. How Many Shoes Should be Stored?
Shoe storage boxes come in sets. If you want a single pair of shoes to be stored in a particular box, you can choose the box that can only store a single pair. Otherwise, you can find boxes that can store a higher number of shoes as well. Even, you will find boxes that can hold 40+ pairs. So, decide on the capacity of the box based on your requirements.
3. Consider the Features
You should also know about the features that will make the shoe storage box even friendlier for your day-to-day usage. For instance, you will come across shoe storage boxes with the following feature sets:
- Stackable: You should check whether you can stack the boxes one above the other. If you wish to buy more than a single box, this feature will make sure that you can save a lot of space on your shelves at home.
- Wall-mountable: If you have space constraints in your home, a shoe storage box that you can mount in the wall after placing the shoes can help. So, you can consider this feature if you feel it will help you.
4. Consider the Dimensions
In addition to the capacity of the shoe storage box, you should also consider the dimensions. Here, based on the place in which you have planned to store the box, you will have to consider whether the height, width, depth, and length of the box will suit your requirement. If you shop online, you can accordingly sort the boxes available based on your dimension requirement and can choose the best storage box.
5. What If You Think About Buying a Wood Storage Box?
If you have decided that only a wood storage box can rightly meet your shoe storage need, you will have to consider the tone of the wood as an essential consideration. Be it solid wood or manufactured wood, the box will have a specific tone. Examples include white wood, medium wood, light wood, gray wood and Expresso Wood. Just view the pictures of these tones and make the right choice. It will look good if the tone goes well with the other interiors in your home.
6. Do You Want the Box to be Transparent?
Many people wish that they should be able to see what shoes they have stored in a shoe storage box without opening the box completely. This will be a convenient option in many instances when you are in a hurry. At these times, you will not have the time to open every box to see the content therein.
When the box is transparent, you can just see the shoe stored from outside and can open only that box to take out your shoes. When some shoeboxes will be transparent on all sides like plastic boxes, some of them will have only single side transparency. So, you can select one based on your preference.
7. Do You Need a Single Box or More Than One?
As you intend to buy the best shoe storage box, you should think about whether you need a single box or more than one. Based on the capacity of the box, you can decide on the numbers. For instance, if the box you choose can hold only a single pair of shoes, one might not be enough for you. On the other hand, if more than a single pair of shoes can be stored, you can store many shoes based on the capacity.
On the basis of the number of pairs you have, you should decide whether you need a single box or boxes that come in sets. In general, those offered in sets will be stackable one over the other for easy storage.
8. Is There Ventilation?
You know that irrespective of the material you choose, there should be some breathability to ensure that the shoes that you store within will remain safe from mold growth. So, it is better to check whether there is at least a single ventilation point in the shoe storage box before you buy it.
Naturally, you are looking for the best shoe storage box. You can consider the factors mentioned above to ensure that you will conclude with the best box that will rightly meet your requirements.