How to Choose the Best Living Room Accent Chair?
Table of Contents
Top Best Accent Chairs Based on Reviews and Price
Why You Need a Good Accent Chair?
When decorating a living room, the accent chair often takes the centerpiece. Elegant and iconic, we’ve seen some of them in very chic living rooms. Over time, it has been continuously declined, revisited, and reworked. And now it has a number of shapes and materials. So when you start buying an accent chair, you shouldn’t leave anything to chance.
As it is the first thing that people will notice when they will enter the room, it is important to make the right choice. From the choice of shape, style, comfort, aesthetics, to materials, these are the essential criteria that will inform your search.
Top 8 Factors to Consider When Buying an Accent Chair
1. Types of Accent Chairs for All Living Rooms
As the accent chair is an integral part of the interior decoration, it is important to adapt it to your style. The accent chair is available in all kinds of shapes and colors. Patterned, plain, embroidered, rustic, traditional, there is a multitude of choices and models! Among the most widespread are:
- Accent club chair: it is wide and deep. In addition, it has P-shaped armrests
- Accent bridge armchair: it has a low and slightly inclined back. Its seat is curved and well padded.
- Accent Voltaire chair: armchair of our grandparents, it has a very high back and significant padding. Its high armrests allow optimal installation.
- Accent rope chair: this has a metal frame mainly covered with colored cords. It is one of the models very popular nowadays. However, it is not comfortable and mainly squeezes decoration.
- Rattan accent chair: warm and traditional, once equipped with soft cushions, it is very comfortable. It can also be used as decoration.
- Hanging accent chair: hung by a chain on the ceiling, it does not touch the ground.
- Egg accent chair: it has a single leg and is equipped with an egg-shaped cavity. Ultra-modern, it is more beautiful than comfortable.
- Scandinavian accent chair: available in rounded shapes, it is often not very thick. It has 4 flared wooden legs.
2. Accent Chaise, Accent Armchairs or Accent recliners?
Like any other decoration project, the utility is at the forefront. Before choosing accent chairs for your living room, imagine how you would like them to be used. Do you want to create a cozy reading corner, a space to socialize and relax with family and friends or simply a comfortable place to sit in front of the TV? Do you want your accent chair to be part of the room, or are you trying to use it to define a new area? Once you know your goal, it will be easier to choose the right chairs.
For a group-oriented atmosphere, the accent chaise lounges without armrests are modern and open, and they invite you to interact with the people around you. The open structure of the lounge chairs puts their texture and composition first and adds visual intrigue to the room. In addition, their minimalist shape makes them perfect for accommodating a magnificent throw or an assortment of cushions with beautiful patterns.
These have a classic and majestic appearance and a style in addition to being ideal for reading. If accompanied by a floor lamp and a small side table, the chair becomes an island of tranquility, an isolated oasis where it is good to take refuge and get lost. On the other hand, its closed sides make it a little less ideal for socializing with others. So it is not suitable if you are trying to create a space to entertain your guests.
The accent armchair varieties, however, don’t end with the latter and former. From the recliner to the power chair, the accent armchairs are also great for relaxation and pain therapy. Today you can opt for articulated accent armchairs for more comfort:
As its name suggests, it reclines to obtain a lying position.
The accent rocking chair relaxes the users and children love it!
equipped with a vibrating backrest, which offers you a significant relaxation moment.
it allows an extra bed to be obtained in a few seconds.
3. The Style
Side chairs are a perfect way to add an eclectic element to your furniture set by matching and combining styles. The combinations with the most personality often have an element of surprise, like a sophisticated and modern armchair in a room with a rather traditional style, or vice versa.
However, mixing styles well requires caution. In the living room, the accent chair should go well with the main sofa, be its complement rather than its opposite in every way.
For example, two different patterns are a little too out of place. But an extra solid color chair can balance and enhance a patterned sofa. The best way to avoid mistakes is to look for continuity between the elements: a fabric, material or even a similar shape or silhouette. When in doubt, check out your favorite design blogs and magazines for inspiration.
4. The Construction Materials
As with all furniture in the living room, the materials in your accent pieces are very important. Chromium and other metals tend to create a trendy sensitivity that works well with leather finishes.
These create a modern and refined atmosphere while natural wood gives a warmer atmosphere, especially when accompanied by natural fabrics. When comfort is paramount, choose armchairs that are well-padded and stack many decorative cushions on them to create a cozy haven.
For a style that accentuates all types of space, choose a seat with a strong profile covered with an attention-grabbing material. An example is faux leather or a textured fabric in a neutral color that easily blends with everything. Spectacular and refined, its surface captures attention and fits perfectly into the preexisting visual theme.
5. Look at the Size
The size of the chair obviously depends on the space you have for it but also on the space you need to be comfortable once installed. So, choose a chair that is not too big for your room, but not too small to make you feel good, sitting comfortably.
If you need it for relaxation, make sure it is large enough and stable. Depending on the use you make of it, do not neglect the back height of your chair.
Indeed, an accent chair used mainly for decoration will not have the same backrest height as an armchair used every day, in which you take your daily nap. It is, however, important that it goes back at least to your cervical for optimal support.
For coherence in look, your accent chair has to have the same height as other chairs or sofas in your living room.
6. Type of Seat Padding
The detail not to be overlooked is the comfort of your chair! This involves the padding of the seat and its density. There are several materials used to stuff the seat of an accent chair:
- The polyester foam: it is the cheapest. It offers resistance in a very limited time. It is ideal for chairs essentially used for decoration or being used from time to time.
- The polyurethane foam: this material offers classic value for money in chairs. It offers good comfort and long life.
- The high resilience (HR) polyurethane foam: this is a high-end foam padding. It offers quality and unparalleled comfort and promotes the durability of the chair over time.
7. Chair Foam Density
While the choice of seat padding is very important for the comfort of your chair, also, it is advisable to look at the density of the foam. It defines the support that the chair provides when you settle in. The denser the foam, the firmer the hold for a user of the same weight.
- The polyester foam is flexible, and its density is between 15 and 25 kg/m3.
- The classic polyurethane foam is firm and offers good support. Its density is between 25 and 35 kg/m3.
- Finally, the HR polyurethane foam, more used in the padding of bedding, offers a firm but soft support. It has a density between 35 and 40 kg/m3.
8. The Shape of the Feet
It is also important to choose the right shape of the feet. Among others, there are the:
- flared feet;
- single leg;
- full feet;
- U-shaped feet;
- classic straight feet;
- integrated feet;
- Ultra-flat feet.
If the user(s) are tall, then opt for a model with more legroom. The leg width is also an important consideration criterion.
The accent chairs in the living room are much more than a simple way to add a hint of color. When you choose the right accent chairs, these become the element that stands out to harmonize the decoration of the room. Decorating with accent furniture takes a little thought. But the right choice can become the gravitational center of your living room and breathe life into your decor. Now get started! Timeless, vintage, modern or classic, choosing your accent chair no longer hold any secrets for you.