Top 10 Best Compact Microwave Ovens Reviews and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
In case, you have restricted space in your kitchen, a compact microwave oven can be the best choice. In most cases, this appliance is no more than 46 cm tall. It means that you can easily tuck this appliance into a small gap.
The biggest advantage of a compact microwave oven is that this appliance will meet your cooking requirements rightly. But it will not take up a disproportionate amount of room in your kitchen. This is not the only reason to opt for this appliance. You can get all the benefits of microwave cooking with this small appliance.
With this compact microwave oven, you can prepare snacks and meals in a snap. Also, the memory function in this unit will let you store the frequently used customized settings.
It offers 10 different levels of power settings with multi-stage cooking. You can fully customize your cooking with this appliance. It offers 6 one-touch cooking programs that include pizza, potato and popcorn.
The child safety lock function provides an added level of safety and security. It has a stylish stainless steel front and a handle.
- Comes with LED display with clock and kitchen timer
- You can keep an eye on cooking with an easy-view interior LED lighting
- It offers a keypad lock to prevent unsupervised functioning
- Offers a clear view of any cooking task
- Compact design with an exterior dimension of 20.2 x 16.54 x 12
- The light inside is not much bright
- Makes a lot of noise
With this compact microwave oven, you can optimally reheat or cook the six most popular eatables with just a touch of a button. It offers the facility to choose one of the 10 levels of power based on your cooking needs.
For safety, it comes with a child safety lock feature. The kitchen timer facility helps you set the timer and complete other tasks. This kitchen appliance comes with pre-programmed buttons. These buttons are for the dinner plate, beverage, frozen vegetable, pizza, potato and popcorn.
- Comes with a push-button door release for easy access
- Has an easy-to-read control panel
- It comes with a removable 10.6” glass turntable
- Has a large LED digital display
- Compact design with 19.1” x 14.8 x 11.5” dimension
- The push-to-open button when operated pushes the appliance back
- The appliance can be used only in a well-lit kitchen as the display is too dark.
Indeed, this compact microwave oven has a space-saving exterior. But the interior is spacious to accommodate your favorite food. The 0.9 cu. Ft design with 900 watts of power allows efficient and effective cooking in a small space.
The glass turntable in this unit rotates when the appliance is in use to ensure optimum cooking. With its 39 inches power cord, this unit easily fits into an open shelf or your countertop.
- Comes with convenient cooking controls
- Easy manual or auto defrost
- For elevated design, this unit is made with black glass and black stainless steel construction
- For optimum cooking, the glass turntable rotates in this appliance
- Compact design with 14.5” x 19” x 11.5”
- Push button for opening and closing without a door handle
- Not possible to see the food inside when cooking.
This compact microwave oven from Toshiba comes with a 10.6-inch removable turntable. This 900W unit offers 6 auto menus along with eco mode and mute functions.
This stainless steel unit has LED lighting and a child lock facility for safety. It also has the defrost function by time and weight.
With this appliance, you can gain quick access to start the microwave for one to six minutes cooking at full power.
- This unit is equipped with power-saving eco mode.
- Even though the overall size is compact, the removable turntable is 10.6 inches in this appliance
- 6 preset menus for the dinner plate, beverages, frozen vegetable, pizza, potato and popcorn
- Offers easy defrost
- It offers 10 cooking power levels
- The user interface is not intuitive
- It takes some time to defog
Not only black but also you can find this compact microwave oven in other colors like white, pastel green, passionate red and cream colors. It offers an impressive 11 levels of power at 1050 watts.
This compact oven offers a one-touch express cooking function with 1-6 minutes along with 30 seconds function. Also, based on time or weight, you can set defrosting.
- Comes with energy-saving eco-mode
- Offers an easy-to-read control panel
- Comes with a 10-inch glass turntable
- Offers child-safety lock facility
- Provides easy auto-cook functions for popcorn, reheating, beverages, frozen vegetables, pizza and popcorn.
- It is not tall enough to accommodate cups more than 8 inches
- Takes a bit longer time to cook.
Along with 10 variable power levels, this compact microwave oven offers 6 one-touch cook menus. It is equipped with a kitchen timer that helps you ensure that the food is cooked at the right time and not overcooked.
LED display in this unit will make sure that you can easily read the numbers in the display. You can stay relieved of unsupervised operation by your kids with the safety lock facility offered by this unit.
- Offers the facility to defrost by time and weight
- This appliance will allow you to defrost and add 30 seconds.
- You can set a quick start function or can increase the cooking time when the food is being cooked
- Comes with 9.7 inches glass turntable for easy cleaning.
- Offers express cooking facility
- Loud operation
- Takes a longer time to heat or cook anything
This 900 watts compact microwave oven from Panasonic provides high power for faster cooking. It offers 7 preset auto-cook menu options.
With a delay start facility, you can set a timer to start cooking so that you can get your dish ready and hot when you return home.
- Offers 7 preset auto cook menu options
- Comes with a popcorn button with three cooking levels
- Child safety lock to prevent accidental operation by your kid
- Comes with 10.6 inches turntable
- Offers keep-warm facility
- The time light is very bright and blinding when operated at night
Red, blue and black are the other color options you will find along with green when you wish to choose this compact microwave oven. Do you love retro style? If so, this compact oven is for you.
This 700W unit comes with 6 variable power levels. It is easy to defrost and the pull handle makes it easy to open and close the appliance. You can use the defrost by weight or time function for all your frozen foods.
- You can know the remaining cooking time via the easy-to-read LED display in this unit
- Once the cooking is completed, the unit will alert you with three beep sounds
- To ensure even cooking of food items, the turntable in this unit rotates 360-degree
- You can check the status of cooking without opening the door with interior lighting
- Safety lock to prevent unsupervised operation by your kids
- The controls will be confusing for first-time users
- Needs longer cooking time
The unique feature of this compact microwave oven is its soft-close door. It has been designed for precise reheating, cooking and defrosting.
Indeed, it is a compact microwave. But, it has enough room of 25 l capacity internally to reheat, defrost and cook delicious meals. The child lock button in this appliance is one touch away to keep your kids safe.
- Defrost function gently defrosts frozen foods without overheating
- The reheat function uses lower power levels to gently reheat without overcooking or drying
- The mute button ensures that your cooking won’t disturb others
- It offers a 30-second instant start to prevent clangs, bumps and beeps
- Offers the possibility to make quick and easy snacks
- Has a learning curve to get used to cooking with this appliance
You can find 10 different color options including white when you go for this compact microwave oven from Nostalgia. This 700 watts appliance is for lovers of retro-style cooking appliances.
If offers 8 pre-programmed cooking settings. Even you can easily manage your busy schedule with a delay timer setting. To ensure even cooking of food, this appliance comes with a 10-inch rotating glass carousel.
- 8 cooking settings for different foods
- Sleek retro accents add flair and fun to your kitchen
- Easy-to-read LED Display highlights each cooking setting
- Easy to navigate cooking settings with a simple turn-and-push program dial
- Permits you to use four separate cooking sequences for each cooking program
- Makes a loud beep once it finishes cooking
- Louder operation
How to Choose the Best Compact Microwave Oven?
Indeed, you are looking for a compact microwave oven just because you have space constraints. A compact oven should not be more than 0.9 Cu. Ft size. When you are particular about compact exteriors, it would be good to check whether the interiors are large enough to cook your favorite food.
You might have to cook in a compact microwave oven when others in your family sleep. In this case, noise is an essential consideration. For this purpose, some ovens are coming with mute functions these days.
If you are kids at home, they should not operate the appliance accidentally. For this purpose, check whether the compact microwave oven you shortlist offers a child safety lock facility.
The higher the wattage, the quicker will be the cooking from a compact microwave oven. But, compact units generally have a lower wattage. However, you can find units with 900 watts capacity. At this level, the oven can complete the cooking without much delay.
When the compact microwave oven has pre-programmed settings, your cooking will become easy. For instance, when you wish to prepare popcorn, you can easily use the pre-programmed popcorn setting. Otherwise, you will have to get help from some other sources to know the ideal time and temperature setting for popcorn.
A compact microwave oven will be the best choice for those with space constraints in their kitchen. Apart from the factors mentioned above, you can also check the color of the appliance. Only then, it will go well with the other appliances in your home.
Among the ovens we reviewed, we find that the BMO650SIL Compact Wave Soft 0.9 Cu. Ft Microwave Oven from Breville is the best. Indeed, it has a learning curve to understand the settings. Once you learn them, cooking will be a jiffy with this appliance.