How to Choose the Best Nesting Table?
Table of Contents
Top Best Nesting Tables Based on Reviews and Price
Why You Need a Good Nesting Table?
Today, to decorate and arrange our interiors, we are all looking for solutions that are aesthetic, practical and versatile. This is exactly what the nesting table offers you.
A nesting table is actually a piece of furniture which is made up of three different tables like Russian dolls. They’re designed to nest under each other to save space. It is a piece of furniture that is recommended for any type of space.
Today, manufacturers have understood the desire of consumers and offer tables that are both decorative and multifunctional, combining design and practicality. However, choosing your nesting table is essential. How then do you proceed? This is precisely what we are explaining to you now!
Top 8 Factors to Consider When Buying a Nesting Table
1. Nesting Table for Small or Large Spaces?
For Small Spaces
Managing a small space is not usually easy. Indeed, it is essential to turn to multifunctional furniture, which takes up little space. This is exactly the description of the nesting table! So, how do you select the one that will best be integrated into your studio or small living room? Here are our tips:
- The form: it is much easier to arrange a small room with square or rectangular furniture, simply because these take up less space. Also, you should choose a nesting table of this kind for an optimal layout.
- Size: Do you need a nesting table for your small living room? In this case, choose a trundle table with comfortable dimensions. However, if you simply wish to benefit from small side tables or serving tables, we advise you to turn to a smaller table. Taking stock of your needs is necessary, especially when it comes to furnishing a space suffering from multiple constraints.
For Large Spaces
Do you have a living room with more space? In this case, you can, of course, treat yourself with a very attractive round or oval nesting table, which will be highlighted by its vast environment. As for size, in order to reinforce the grandeur of your living room, you can opt for a piece of furniture with large dimensions.
2. Round, Square or Rectangular Shape?
The shape of the nesting table depends on your decoration, and especially on the other furniture that surrounds it.
The round nesting table is better suited to large living rooms where it will take its place in the center. They can be surrounded by several pieces of furniture: a sofa and many armchairs, for example. Some round tables contain storage spaces integrated into the base.
Others play with their tabletop by adding compartments and drawers for a stylish decoration. If you have a small living room and you want a nesting table, think of round nesting round tables. They are a modular space saver!
These are ideal if you also use your nesting tables to have your meals, work or draw. The square nesting table is suitable for a large number of spaces. Just adapt the size to the surface. Perceived as robust, giving character to the living room, the square table is not welcome in small interiors.
This is for fear of adding too much decoration and circulating it properly around. Practical, the square nesting table is often accompanied by a second tray in the lower part for storing books and newspapers.
The rectangular nesting table is the most common form in interiors. It is well suited to living rooms with a large corner sofa or that with two sofas installed opposite each other. The rectangular nesting table is also the model best suited to narrow living rooms, designed to be long. It is, therefore, the model that best adapts to all surfaces and all configurations.
So, to be able to move freely in the room, choose a narrow but long table, so that it remains useful and functional. If well-chosen and consistent with the style of your decoration, the rectangular nesting table can become a decorative asset.
3. Glass, Wooden or Plastic Construction?
The material of the nesting table should match the style chosen in the room. It is therefore advisable to choose the material according to its interior and according to its lifestyle. Think about the practical and functional side and the maintenance of the table. Here are the subjects to focus on:
- A wooden table: Warm and timeless, wood establishes a sober and elegant natural style that fits as well with a Nordic universe as with a minimalist design. If you want a wooden nesting table, check if you have other wooden elements in the living room. This, for example, can be a sofa with a wooden base or decorative wooden items. If this is the case, you must also be careful not to mix too many wooden items to maintain a harmonious living room.
- A plastic table: Not very fragile and in tune with the times, the plastic nesting table has the advantage of being available in a wide palette of colors to adapt to all living spaces. Plastic also allows the table to adopt simple or original shapes. This can be from the square shape to the wavy shape through the sinusoidal, circular or rectangular shape. Atypical, the plastic nesting table should be light to move as desired without any difficulty. You can choose this for small spaces, studios, and also with young children to prevent any danger from the corners.
- A glass nesting table: Giving an impression of grandeur and lightness to the living room, the glass nesting table is certainly very fragile. But it harmonizes easily with any type of decoration thanks to its transparency. Suitable for both contemporary interiors and classic interiors (it all depends on its design and if it is combined with other materials), this model can become the centerpiece of the living room. However, avoid this if you have young children. The glass table is to be preferred in small living rooms not to overload the decoration while providing a certain style. As for its maintenance, which is more sensitive than the wooden table, the glass nesting table can be cleaned with a damp piece of cloth and a glass cleaner.
4. Choose According to Height
Another criterion to take into account to choose your nesting table is, of course, its height. To be able to use it as a nesting table, we strongly recommend opting for a piece of furniture with a height equal to that of the seat of your sofa. This will give you some comfort.
If you are looking for a table or a small piece of furniture to place at the end of the sofa, the nesting table will bring you everything you want: practicality, minimalist curves, and aesthetics. You have the choice between clear glass or black glass for a more sustained and classic presence. These models integrate perfectly with all types of interiors; whether it is a classic decoration or a contemporary loft.
6. Size of the tables
The size of a nesting table set is not usually the same. In a table trio, you will have a large model, a medium and a small one. But based on the height of the tallest, you can find out if this choice suits you or not. Ideally, the largest model should reach the height of the seat of your sofa. You can even choose a model that is a little higher. Know how to differentiate the models to put in a small living room and those that will be better suited to a large living room. The little extra of this kind of table is that you can easily put them on top of the other to save space.
7. 2-table or 3-table set?
What makes the nesting tables different from the coffee tables or dining tables is that they come in a set. Again, the number of tables will be determined by the size of the room. For a small room, two-piece wooden sets are ideal. However, living rooms with more open spaces may be ideal for a set with three tables.
8. Ease of Cleaning
Choosing the nesting table set is not only down to design. It must be easy to maintain. Whether you use it as a support for your interior decoration or to place your drinks and snacks, a few applications of sponges or clothes should be enough to remove all the dirt. If you want an easy-to-clean model, then choose the glass set.
If you also fell in love with this trendy piece of furniture, you may have wondered: how do you find the nesting table that best suits the room? To help you better answer this question, we have put together this buying guide for the best nesting tables.
As we said before, these tables are perfect for those looking for furniture that can play several roles. The nesting table is becoming increasingly popular, and everyone wants to take advantage of it inside because it has many advantages. In online stores and furniture stores, you will find various objects, in all shapes and colors, and especially in various materials. Now you have all the needed information to choose the best nesting table!