Top 10 Best Color Graphing Calculators: Reviews and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
The color graphing calculator is a mobile device used to solve advanced mathematical equations, spreadsheet purposes, plot graphs, and solve variable calculations. In short, it is mostly a programmable calculator equipped to function like a mini-computer.
Color graphing calculators are beneficial for academic purposes; exams usually permit using the graphing calculators as an exam aid. They also come in handy for engineering professionals to figure out even their fundamental everyday problems. Unlike other advanced devices, graphing calculators are compact enough to carry around.
1. Texas Instruments Color Graphing Calculator, TI-84 Plus CE
The Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus color graphing calculator is undoubtedly the best of the section, with a completely backlit color display. It is lightweight enough at 7 oz to fit into any purse or backpack and is available in multiple colors. It features 154KB RAM and many pre-loaded applications that suit even advanced academic classes.
It has a recently updated 5.4 operating system, significantly improving its speed and bug-fixing service. The battery retaining capacity of this calculator is mention-worthy. After a single recharge, this device can be used for a whole month. The deep sleep mode is also quite helpful in retaining the battery life efficiently.
- 320×240 High-resolution and high-clarity display
- Easy-to-use interface along with pre-downloaded software and applications
- Available in multiple colors
- Lithium-ion battery pack with a high-power retaining capacity
- Allowed on almost all the major tests
- Slimmer design with a minimum thickness of 0.75 inches
- It comes with a sliding cover to protect the calculator
- Charging cable seems to be absent with some of the purchases
2. CASIO PRIZM Color Graphing Calculator, FX-CG50
The FX-CG50 model color graphing calculator stands out for its affordable price range. Even though the price is low, the product’s performance and quality are decent. It is helpful in calculation functions, graph functions, statistical functions, etc.
It supports up to four types of 3D graphs and has templates to plot them effectively. The examination mode available on this calculator is one-of-a-kind. This feature helps prepare the calculator easily for exams by blocking access to stored information and memory. Thus, you can spare the calculator from deleting all the information before exams.
- You can connect the calculator to two external devices through the built-in USB ports.
- The catalog function in it enables the user to provide commands easily
- The software program called Manager helps in the preparation of teaching aids
- Compatible with mainstream exams like SAT, PSAT, etc.
- 170 hours of battery life
- Offers a wide range of colors
- It comes with a hard protection case
- The 4 AA batteries used in it are not rechargeable.
3. Texas Instruments Color Graphing Calculator, TI-Nspire CX II
This color graphing calculator solves many advanced and demanding technological problems. It comes with fully installed software, making it easy to use immediately. The screen is 3.5 inches and sports high resolution.
A highlighting feature of this calculator is its rechargeable battery pack. The battery can retain power for an impressive two weeks. Despite having advanced features, it is incredibly lightweight and portable.
- 320×240 color backlit display
- Faster processor
- It has animated path plotting, tick-mark labels for graphing, and advanced programming features.
- Can open multiple tabs simultaneously
- Supports a drag-and-drop interface
- Legal for most standardized tests
- The user interface is a bit exhausting for beginner-level users
- The connectivity port is an outdated USB-B mini
4. CASIO Color Graphing Calculator, FX-CG500
Available in multiple colors, this color graphing calculator has a bigger display of 4.8 inches. It comes with a touchscreen and a compatible stylus. The touchscreen functionality is one-of-a-kind and helps in complex graphing.
The screen size is also helpful for people with difficulty reading from smaller screens.
- It features over 65,000 colors
- Ideal for 3D graphing and CAS
- Features the best periodic table application among the calculators
- Usable on PSAT, SAT, etc.
- Ergonomically designed stylus
- Batteries are not rechargeable
- Comparatively low processing power and hence low responsive
5. Texas Instruments C Silver Edition Color Graphing Calculator, TI-84 plus
This color graphing calculator has a similar user interface to the rest of the TI-84 plus range. Its highlighting feature is the rechargeable internal battery powered through a USB cable.
It has an efficient image-converting software that converts image files into a readable format for the calculator.
- Full-color backlit display
- The slide cases are customizable
- Pocket-sized and portable
- can retain the battery life for more than a week
- comes with translation applications to seven different languages
- The company has discontinued the product, and it is now only available through retailers
- Can’t read image files directly
6. FX CG10 CASIO PRIZM Color Graphing Calculator
This advanced color graphing calculator is legal in most standardized examinations. It has an improved color display that supports more than 65000 colors.
The operating system is fast enough and features around three times more speed than the other standard processors.
- USB connectivity
- It comes with a unit-to-unit cable
- The menu system is icon based and easy to use
- Battery life is a solid 140 hours
- 1.5 MB flash memory
- 16 MB maximum storage capacity
- The graphing process experience certain lag
- The CAS functionality is absent
7. Hp 2AP18AA#ABA Prime Color Graphing Calculator
This color graphing calculator has a sleek and clean design that suits the aesthetics of almost all users. It comes with a slide-in cover for extra protection.
It has many user-friendly features, like the alphanumeric keypad and a bigger display of 3.5 inches. The flash memory is comparatively higher at 256 MB. Lithium-ion batteries are rechargeable and have decent power-retaining capabilities.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Five times processor speed than its counterparts
- Capabilities of 3D rotational displaying
- Retains battery power for more than a week
- Bulletproof bubble packaging for extra protection
- A comprehensive user manual is absent
8. TI Nspire CX CAS Color Graphing Calculator
This product is a bestseller color graphing calculator in online and offline markets. It has a decent display size of 3.2 inches. It has a rechargeable battery that can retain power for up to ten days after a single recharge.
It weighs just around 400 grams, one of the lowest weights in the section.
- Color backlit display
- Legal to be used in ACT, SAT, and many more
- Improved and updated programming features
- A trackpad similar to a computer is present
- Powerful graphing functionalities
- Not legal for the ACT
- The document-based user interface could be a bit confusing to beginners
9. FX-9750GIII Casio Color Graphing Calculator
This color graphing calculator has one of the most straightforward designs in the section. It is easy to learn to use and has an intuitive menu system in place.
The key layout is very convenient, and the screen size is decent enough for a comfortable graphing experience.
- 3 MB flash memory
- The battery pack is rechargeable and exhibits excellent power-retaining capabilities.
- USB connectivity for easy file sharing
- The learning process is straightforward
- It does not have as many advanced features as the other premium products
10. Prime V2 HP Graphing Calculator, G8X92AA
This product has a display size of 85 millimeters. The 2D functions equipped in this calculator are highly advanced and easy to use.
The flash memory of 256 MB makes it easy to store a decent amount of data on the calculator.
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- It comes with a compatible USB cable
- It weighs just around 1.2 pounds
- Usable for all significant exams
- Processing speed is relatively low
How to Choose the Best Color Graphing Calculator?
Some of the essential features to look for in a great color graphing calculator are:
The display size of the color graphing calculator should be bigger for the user to carry out the functions much more efficiently, especially with spreadsheets and graphs. The display size is measured diagonally, and the standard size is 3.5 inches. There are displays over 5 inches in size too.
As color graphing calculators are mostly used in exams, having a battery with high power retaining feature is essential. Also, it is better to use a rechargeable battery from an economic and environmental point of view.
Compatibility with Exams
Understanding the exam compatibility of the color graphing calculator you purchase is crucial. Not all graphing calculators are legal for standardized exams. The usability of calculators varies according to the country, the exam-conducting body, etc.
The memory of a color graphing calculator is known as flash memory, as it is expected to store for only a small while. The stored information and events are transferable to a compatible device via USB or other connectivity. The memory capacity changes between various models.
As color graphing calculators are to be carried along for exams and work, they need a portable and lightweight build. On average, the color graphing calculators feature a 7 oz weight.
Color graphing calculators are a must from both academic and professional angles. A high-performing color graphing calculator would save the time and effort of any engineering professional. After reviewing many products, we feel that the TI-84 Plus CE is the best in the section. It stands out positively for its advanced graphing functions, calculation functions, memory capacity, bug-fixing capabilities, and many more.