12 Best Dash Cam Reviews and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
Why You Need a Good Dash Cam?
The dashboard cam is a great safety device. They have been a part of most cars for their unique application. Safety is always a priority and these cams make our drive safer and securer. They can capture accidents and events and can act as proof for police investigations.
With modern-day innovation, there had been numerous safety features engraved by different manufacturers in these Dashboard cams. With Inbuilt Wi-Fi to a high-end smartphone application, they have everything that a consumer demands.
Inbuilt GPS enables seamless navigation and even displays informative parameters like speed and exact location. The smartphone application for dual cam enables single-click sharing of live videos and recordings.
A Brief Summary
- Ultra-Modern4k Dash Cam with quality voice control: Rove R2-4K Dash Cam Built-in WiFi GPS Car Dashboard Camera Recorder
- A little beast with great features: Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2
- Dual camera with 4k resolution, and efficient working in all weather conditions: RED TIGER
- Extremely affordable and user-friendly dual dash Cam: Kingslim D4 4K Dual Dash Cam
- High-performance Dash Cam with great video quality and wide viewing angle: WOLFBOX 12“ Mirror Dash Cam Backup Camera
- Pocket-friendly and three-channel dashcam that captures views from inside and outside simultaneously: Vantrue N4 3 Channel 4K Dash Cam, 4K+1080P Front, and Rear
- Durable and easy to use with premium quality video recording ability: Dual Dash Cam with Built-in GPS, COOAU 1080P Front, and Rear WiFi Dash Camera
- Ultra-HD impressive high-quality and high-resolution camera: WOLFBOX 4K Dash Cam
- Infrared night vision dual-camera Dash Cam with Super Capacitors: Dash Cam, 64GB SD Card Included, 1080P FHD Built-in GPS Wi-Fi
- 4k Dash Cam with dual-channel Wi-Fi camera and value for money: VIOFO Dual Dash Cam 2K 1440P 60fps +1080P 30fps Front and Rear Dash Camera
- Dash Cam at an affordable price and quality features: VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K + 1080P Front and Rear Dash Cam
- Multi-functional Dash Cam with highly efficient features: AZDOME M550 Dash Cam
Dash Cam: Detailed Reviews
1. Rove R2-4K Dash Cam Built-in WiFi GPS Car Dashboard Camera Recorder
It is a great innovative car Dashboard camera Recorder from Rove. It is engraved with numerous features that make it a favorite choice. It comes with a 2.4 inches LCD screen and has a 150 degrees wide angle. It also comes with an excellent night vision for extra safety. 4K resolution makes sure the videos are recorded crispy and clear. You can even create time-lapse videos and also enjoy the inbuilt Wi-Fi and GPS. The live speed feature makes it more innovative and realistic. The motion detection features enable recording as soon as the vehicle starts moving. The user-friendly interface delivers personalized touch to the entire unit. Rove is known for its excellent user experience and for delivering products that are worth your money. It can enable a memory card of up to 512Gb. Multi-language support makes it a global product and can even be gifted to your friends and family. It is also a perfect gadget that adds to your car’s decor.
- In-built Wi-Fi and GPS make it great.
- The GPS can record the driving speed and location accurately.
- The built-in voice control helps with high-quality recordings.
- Storage capacity is just amazing.
- Restricted battery backup.
- Its app is found a bit slow.
- You need to buy the 512Gb separately.
2. Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2
This Garmin Dashcam is a great option in this segment. With 1080p video resolution and a black color device, it looks trendy and classy. It provides a view of a 140-rotating angle on a 2 inches display screen. This Mini dash cam can be controlled by a software application on your smartphone. Installation can be done easily through an adhesive mount and is clean and tidy.
The whole device is as small as your car key and can be virtually hidden in any corner of your car. The live view and parking guard feature are nicely engraved. It supports a minimum of 8GB memory card and has an additional USB port if you want to charge your mobile phone. You can also share live videos with someone using the software application. You can simply do that by sending them the link and passcode. This is a great buy and is affordable for many as well.
- IMAGE QUALITY is great.
- It is user-friendly and easy to set up.
- Supports high-quality videos. It efficiently captures during the day and night.
- The design is compact. It is the smallest dash Cam available on the market.
- No option for microSD card available.
- It doesn’t have an in-built GPS.
- The hard-wiring kit comes separately.
3. RED TIGER F7N 4K Dual Dash Cam
This Dual Dash Cam from Red Tiger enhances the whole experience with a 4K resolution. A 3.16 inches screen with an LCD presents crystal clear videos and recordings. The Smart application can be downloaded to your smartphone and the whole camera can be controlled from it. Smart Wifi and an active GPS are exclusive features. You also have a feature of one-click share wherein a single link can share your details on the social media applications. The parking monitor feature also provides recordings from the surroundings with time lapses. Enhances super night vision and WDR technology enables the cam to adjust brightness automatically for better clips. The cameras are waterproof and provide a wide angle for recordings. Even in rainy and foggy weather, the camera’s performance is excellent. This feature is backed up by an IP68 waterproof and drip-proof structure. G-sensor parking mode makes sure that it records emergency video if there is an impact or a change in surroundings.
- It comes with a high-quality dual camera
- The GPS is in-built.
- The IMX415 SENSOR provides clear imaging even in dim or light environments.
- It doesn’t go well with the phone’s Wi-Fi system.
- Video quality isn’t found that up to the mark.
4. Kingslim D4 4K Dual Dash Cam
This dual Dash can by Kingslim is a great buy. It provides a 4K resolution which also captures minor details like road signs and license plate numbers. It has 3 inches touch screen. It comes with dual cameras, one in the front and the other in the rear. Ultra Hd Footages makes it different from all other products in this segment. The SonyIMX335 sensor and infrared LED lights provide efficient recordings at any time. It supports a 256GB Micro SD card.
The cameras are heat resistant and can even perform in extreme temperatures. The built-in WiFi and GPS easily connect with your mobile application and make it user-friendly. It is easy to install and has a guidebook in the box. The motion sensor makes sure that the cam automatically records the event in case of any collision. Also, the continuous loop recordings delete the oldest videos and keep recording everything in loops.
- The front 4k camera has great quality and is crisp with its functioning.
- It works on the RoadCam app which is super easy to work upon.
- It comes at the most affordable price.
- It is easy to install and use.
- G-sensor is in-built. It offers excellent collision detection.
- App doesn’t go that smooth with an iPhone.
- It doesn’t come with a USB cable.
5. WOLFBOX 12“ Mirror Dash Cam Backup Camera
This is a safety Mirror dash cam that is installed on the rear-view mirror. It has vast features and enhances overall car safety. With super night vision, loop recording, parking monitoring, mirror flip, and vertical flip; this is a feature engraved camera. It also has a G sensor which records emergency short videos whenever a collision occurs. It comes with a 1296P miss or dashcam and 1080p backup camera. The AHD technology helps balance the brightness even at the night for better quality videos. There is also a parking mode feature that will start recording the moment it is turned on. It also records immediate videos if an impact happens while the car is parked. The video files get locked immediately ensuring they are saved to the best. The inbuilt GPS is informative and also provides information like speed, location, and exact parameters of speed.
- Wide viewing angle helps to minimize blind spots effectively.
- Captures both front and rear high-resolution videos.
- The display is quite large.
- Reliable warranty and great customer service.
- In-built GPS and G-sensor.
- Comparatively expensive than the rest available on the market.
- A bit complicated with this installation.
6. Vantrue N4 3 Channel 4K Dash Cam, 4K+1080P Front, and Rear
This exclusive gadget from Vantrue is a class apart. With a 2.45 inches screen that supports a 4K resolution display. HD recordings are crisp and clear with enabled graphics. The three-camera angle gives 360 degrees of protection and leaves no blind spots. It is a three-way triple car camera with front, inside, and rear views. IR night vision also ensures clear videos even at night. The sensor makes sure that emergency video is recorded in case of an impact in parking mode. The loop recording feature continuously deletes old videos and replaces them with new ones. This feature is a safety priority feature. It supports an mp4 video display and can be played on windows, vista, and mac platforms. This camera is supported by a supercapacitor which makes sure that even at extreme temperatures of heat and cold the quality is not affected at all. Also, the company provides customer support and technical assistance in case of any doubts or queries.
- It comes with three different cameras with one placed inside the cabin space.
- It has an integrated screen.
- Easy to use and install.
- It has dual-recording
- Night-vision feature makes traveling and exposure in the dark better and clearer.
- It is reported for average resolution.
- Comparatively priced higher than other models.
- The screen is not touch-sensitive.
7. Dual Dash Cam with Built-in GPS, COOAU 1080P Front, and Rear WiFi Dash Camera
This product by COOAU is amazing and unique in its design and features. Innovation is engraved at its best with this Dual Dash Cam. It provides an LCD and LED display with 1.5 inches screen. The whole Dual camera can be controlled by a smartphone application that also features live viewing and recordings. Night vision, loop recording, parking mode, and many such features are engraved in this gadget. The round-the-clock parking monitor continuously watches all events and records the emergency impacts or changes in motion. This is a one-stop solution for your car safety-related issues. The Application on your smartphone does all the tasks for you. From sharing your status on social media, showing directions, live views of the camera, and deleting recordings; everything is made simple and convenient. This Device is backed up by Supercapacitors which are more efficient than batteries. They are eco-friendly and can perform well in extreme temperatures.
- Superb night vision.
- In-built GPS.
- Effectively monitors parking your surroundings when on parking mode.
- It can tolerate heat and extreme temperatures.
- Facilitated with G-sensor.
- You may have to format the microSD card now and then.
8. WOLFBOX 4K Dash Cam
Wolfbox is known for its technological innovation. This dashboard camera is the fittest of all. With a 4K resolution that provides great recordings and a 2.45 inches LCD screen, it will never disappoint you. The 170 degrees angle support and ultra-HD resolution give you a digital experience like never before. You can control the whole gadget with a smartphone application and the wifi can connect your phone to the device while driving. The application also provides one-click sharing of videos with friends and family and on social networking sites. Inbuilt GPS enhances navigation techniques with different speed information. The G-Sensor trigger record and time-lapse record add safety to your vehicle. Super night vision is guaranteed even on the darkest nights with the best lenses and auto-brightness features. This is a complete value for money and something that will never disappoint you with its performance.
- It comes with an amazing super-night vision feature.
- The GPS and Wi-Fi are in-built.
- It has the G-sensor and parking mode for safety.
- Easy to install.
- High performance and ultra-HD dash Cam.
- Comparatively higher with its price.
9. Dash Cam, 64GB SD Card Included, 1080P FHD Built-in GPS Wi-Fi
The COOAU product is a Unique dashboard camera with a sleek look. With GPS and WIFI, it can define navigation easily and is informative about the speed and other parameters. The Inbuilt Wifi easily connects it with your smartphone application. The whole device can be controlled by an application and even the live videos can be shared with your friends and family on their smartphones. One-click sharing is also accessible which allows video sharing on social media sites. The efficient processor in this device enables super night vision for extra safety. This dual cam also has an enabled 24-hour parking monitor that features extra safety while the car is parked. This mode makes sure that your car is monitored properly whenever you are away. The high-definition camera can easily operate even in the extremes of temperatures. The whole unit is equipped with supercapacitors which makes sure the whole unit doesn’t get affected by temperature changes.
- Easy-to-use and install.
- It has in-built GPS and Wi-Fi.
- Infra-red night vision makes it wonderful.
- It has an in-built G-sensor and parking mode.
- It can get better with more buttons on the camera for different functions.
- Its app doesn’t work smoothly.
10. VIOFO Dual Dash Cam 2K 1440P 60fps +1080P 30fps Front and Rear Dash Camera
This Dual Dash Cam from VIOFO is an exclusive device with numerously inbuilt features. Inbuilt GPS and WIFI portal makes it a class of its own. It has a two inches screen and a super clear high-end resolution to record and save videos. The VIOFO smartphone application enables easy control of the camera and ease in watching live videos. You can also view the route map display on the GPS navigation screen. It has an inbuilt supercapacitor that promotes longer life. It also enables the device to work at extreme temperatures. The parking mode feature makes sure that an emergency recording is done in case of an impact. This feature is one of the best in terms of safety. This Dual cam is a complete solution for your car safety and a great value for money.
- It provides dual-channel coverage.
- It is easy to install and user-friendly.
- Comes with built-in Wi-Fi and a GPS navigation system.
- You can upgrade to 2k QHD.
- Its narrow lens angle is not that thrilling.
- They can’t tolerate temperature variations too much.
11. VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K + 1080P Front and Rear Dash Cam
This is an Ultra HD Dual Cam with high-resolution recording. It is controlled by the VIOFO application which can be installed on your smartphone. Inbuilt GPS and Wi-Fi make it a complete value for money. The Loop recording feature enables continuous recording while deleting the old ones. The G-sensor makes sure that an emergency recording takes place as soon as there is an impact while the car is parked. The 4K resolution displays better recordings and live videos. It is loaded with great features and a complete value for money. It is equipped with Sony Sensor to record brighter and clearer images even when the light is not sufficient.
- The front camera captures excellently.
- It supports dual-band Wi-Fi.
- Video coding is highly efficient.
- It is greatly sensitive to low lights.
- The mount is perfectly stable.
- Cannot detach the cameras from their mount.
- It is bulkier in comparison to others.
- Its larger 4k recordings need more space.
- Parking mode is found inefficient in its working.
12. AZDOME M550 Dash Cam
This Dashboard Camera from AZDOME is a complete value for your money. It is engraved with advanced features. It has an Inbuilt GPS and WIFI with a parking mode sensor feature. The 4K resolution ensures better video recording quality without blurring. The LED Display works fine with the resolution. The Advanced Lens supports better night vision and adjusts the brightness accordingly. You can also install the application on your smartphone and control the camera. The application also shows different parameters like speed, location, and live recordings. You can also share with your friends and family with a single click. It also has a capacitor which ensures longer life and normal functioning even in extremes of temperature.
It is easy to install with magnetic brackets and a perfect gift for your friends or family. You also get a 64Gb SD card in the pack to start recordings. The Hidden LED laser light enhances the image quality of recordings even at night time.
You can choose from three parking modes: collision detection, motion detection, and time-lapse.
- Highly responsive to impact monitoring.
- Night vision is great.
- The GPS is in-Built and it has effective Wi-Fi connectivity.
- It is easy to transfer files to your device.
- The camera is highly performance-oriented and multi-functional.
- It is G-sensor enabled.
- It is highly resistant to such drastic changes.
- It is a bit costlier.
- It does not support any memory card with a capacity below 32GB.
- With bright light, the front camera tends to out other parts in the dark.
With all the safety features engraved in one device, these Dashboard webcams are very important for a vehicle. They keep it secure and enhance the driving experience with inbuilt navigation. It also gives us relief from worry related to sudden impacts and emergencies.
The following three are our choice for some worthy Dash Cams:
- WOLFBOX 4K Dash Cam– It perfectly fits in the modern features and has highly efficient recording capabilities both during the day and night.
- Vantrue N4 3 Channel 4K Dash Cam, 4K+1080P Front, and Rear– It has amazing three-channel cameras operating for the safest and most comfortable ride. The wide-angle camera is amazing and allows a great view.
- AZDOME M550 Dash Cam– It supports complete HD quality videos with its wide-angle camera. It is great at avoiding the blind spots and justifies its price.