Top 10 Best Electric Skillets Reviews and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
An electric skillet is an electrically powered frying pan or skillet with a flat surface. Instead of placing it on a stovetop, an electric skillet has to be plugged into an electric outlet. The shapes of electric skillets may vary from round to square. Most electric skillets are non-stick and are dishwasher friendly.
In temperature control, an electric skillet is much better than a regular frying pan. Also, the surface of an electric skillet usually gets an even heat supply, and the cooking would be more efficient and less time-consuming.
1. Presto Foldaway Electric Skillet, 06857
This is a highly portable, lightweight rectangular electric skillet. The design with foldable handles makes it easy to store even in compact spaces. It also has a unique pour spout useful as a spoon or spatula holder.
The tempered glass cover helps you monitor the cooking without removing the lid. The non-stick surface works efficiently even at higher temperatures. The handles stay cool even during cooking and, thus, are easy to handle. The skillet pan is water resistant; therefore, you can wash it in a dishwasher after removing the electric base.
- Ideal to use as a buffet server too
- Equipped with Control Master technology for better control over temperature
- Can use in the oven after removing the electric base
- Detachable handles
- The non-stick surface starts wearing out after several uses
- Analog temperature control
2. BELLA Non-stick Electric Skillet
This electric skillet has a powerful heating system that helps cook food evenly. It is perfectly sized at 11”x11” to suit the meal needs of a family. The glass lid is an excellent advantage in overseeing the cooking process.
Temperature can adjust up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The non-stick coating makes cleaning easy and effortless to release food items. The handles remain cool even during cooking. Even if scratched hard, the titanium content in the non-stick layering helps prevent the surface from scratching.
- 30% faster cooking
- Multifunctional capabilities
- Easy-to-use dial for efficient temperature control
- 121 square inches of cooking area
- It can only be used after seasoning the skillet properly. Using without seasoning would cause the food to stick to the surface and burn.
3. Presto Electric Skillet, 06852
This is one of the best dishwasher-friendly electric skillets in the section. The cooking surface is large and deep, ideal for accommodating a great deal of food. The 3” depth and 16” length make it perfect for a buffet server.
A unique feature is that the non-stick coating is present inside and outside the skillet. This outer layer adds extra protection to the skillet and contributes to its durability. The outer layer also helps eliminate grease and other oily content outside quickly.
- A tempered glass cover helps to monitor cooking as and when needed
- Control Master efficient heat control dial
- Dishwasher compatible
- Fixed legs for high stability
- The heat element’s placement is in the center, which causes uneven heat distribution
4. Elite Gourmet Electric Skillet EG-6203
The highlight of this electric skillet is its unique surface design. It has a honeycomb-like texture that rises a bit. This texture helps protect the non-stick coating even after repeated use and helps prevent the food from sticking to the surface.
The non-stick coating is a high-quality marbleized coating and performs well even in higher temperatures. The lacquer-finished body helps prevent rusting. The multiple layers of non-stick coating also help use much less oil in cooking.
- Fully embedded heat element for easy cleaning
- Tempered glass cover
- Larger surface with 16x13x3.15 dimensions
- In-built easy-to-pour spout
- The temperature control is placed much nearer to the heating element and becomes too hot to touch during cooking
- The large size and non-foldable design make it occupy so much space
5. Crux Non-stick Electric Skillet, 14620
This is a highly functional electric skillet. Its practical design includes a deeper and broader cooking surface for efficient cooking. The non-stick coating is scratch-free even when using metal spoons and spatulas, thanks to the copper titanium ceramic coating.
The three inches high sidewalls cause no spillage while cooking. The depth of the cooking surface makes it ideal for deep frying too.
- Offers 50% more space than the other regular skillets
- 30% faster cooking
- Easy-to-adjust temperature dial
- PFOA/PTFE-free material
- 1300 Watts
- Less than 6 pounds net weight, which affects the stability during cooking
6. Proctor Silex 38526PS Electric Skillet
This electric skillet has a quicker heating process. It heats up in no time and thus saves a significant amount of cooking time. The heat dial can adjust the temperature up to 400 degrees.
The cooking surface of 116 square inches suits the needs of a family. It also has a low-temperature setting, which keeps the food at a serving temperature for a long time.
- Cool-touch handles
- Tempered glass lid with cool-touch knob
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to clean non-stick surface
- Less than five pounds and the lightweight build affects stability significantly
7. BLACK+DECKER Electric Skillet, SK1215BC
This electric skillet is highly practical. It has a cooking surface that is large enough to accommodate the cooking needs of a family. Despite the larger cooking surface, the skillet manages to heat the surface evenly; thus, the food items get the same cook simultaneously.
There is a convenient warm setting on this electric skillet which helps the food stay warm for a great deal of time. The lid knob is highly efficient in maintaining its cool even while cooking at higher temperatures.
- Functional design
- The heating element is easy to release
- 12”x15” wide cooking surface
- Dishwasher safe
- Being so lightweight, the skillet tends to slide down the counter
- The claimed dimensions of the cooking surface are not perfectly met
8. Moss & Stone Electric Skillet with Non-stick Coating
This electric skillet offers great heat in comparatively lesser time and is best for cooking food more quickly. The cooking surface is wide enough at 11.5”x11.5” to try cooking various food.
The non-stick coating is high quality and ensures that the food does not stick on the surface even in higher heat. The handles and heat resistant and thus can be used to serve food also. The steam vent on the glass lid is very convenient while cooking.
- Two-layer non-stick coating
- Smart tilt leg to help remove grease from the food
- Cool touch knob on the tempered glass lid
- The surface is heated evenly by the heating panel
- Temperature control dial only has broader divisions, which makes it challenging to make smaller adjustments in temperature.
9. Elite Gourmet Non-stick Electric Skillet EFS400
This electric skillet is most suited for small families. It has a capacity of 32 oz and a cooking surface of 7”x7”. The portable size makes it ideal for camping purposes. The clip-on handle on the skillet is an excellent addition in terms of convenience. These clip-on handles are removable and, thus, make the storage of the skillet much easier.
The skillet only required 600 Watts to function. But this less power requirement reflects on the cooking time also. It usually takes comparatively higher cooking time. But the non-stick coating performs well, even in higher temperatures.
- Built using PFOA-free materials
- Efficiently adjustable temperature dial
- Cool touch knob on the tempered glass cover
- Low power rating
- The cooking area is relatively minimum
10. Hamilton Beach 38529K Electric Skillet
This electric skillet is highly flexible. The three inches depth offers the possibility to try out various cooking methods like deep frying. The non-stick coating is highly convenient in terms of cleaning.
The high capacity makes it an ideal family electric skillet. The user can conveniently adjust the temperature between 200 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- PFOA/PTFE-free material
- 12”x15” larger cooking surface
- Cool touch handles and tempered glass lid
- Highly durable ceramic coating
- Takes comparatively more time to heat up evenly
- Low stability
How to Choose the Best Electric Skillet?
The essential features that constitute a perfect electric skillet are:
The cooking area determines the capacity of food cooked on an electric skillet. Electric skillets for personal use usually have about 5 inches of cooking area. The base should be at least 12 inches for more extensive family needs. Having a larger cooking area would help cook more quantity food in less time.
Monitoring the power rating of an electric skillet is unavoidable. Power rating means the power required for the skillet to function correctly. An average electric skillet falls between 600 Watts to 1500 Watts power rating. Usually, having a higher power rate implies that the skillet will be able to generate a higher amount of heat, which benefits cooking well.
The temperature range is the minimum and maximum temperature the electric skillet can withstand. Usually, electric skillets feature a maximum temperature range of 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It is always advisable to have a skillet of a wider temperature range to cook a wide variety of food items.
Choosing the electric skillet with the best possible material is quite crucial. The quality of the material determines the quality of cooking. If the material is not of high quality, chances are high for the non-stick coating to gradually crack and peel off. Usually, electric skillets are made of aluminum or steel with a Teflon coating on the non-stick surface. Teflon coating enables the skillet to withstand repeated scratches without getting peeled off.
Heat-resistant handles are an inevitable feature of an efficient electric skillet. Handles that remain cool during cooking make it much easy for the user to handle the skillet. Also, heat-resistant handles could help the skillet convert into a serving vessel.
Having an electric skillet upgrades the cooking process most positively. It ensures that the user gets to cook despite the availability of traditional cooking resources. After closely reviewing several electric skillets popular today, the Presto 06857 Foldable electric skillet proved the best. Its ergonomic design, easy-to-store build, multifunctional nature, and larger cooking area are all reasons for the top position.