Top 10 Best Freestanding Wine Cellars Reviews and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
A freestanding wine cellar, otherwise called a freestanding wine cooler, as the name implies is a cooler for wine. It has been designed to stand independently. It is not developed into any form of cupboard or cabinet. These refrigerators require ventilation at all times.
Are you wondering whether to have a freestanding wine cellar in your place? If so, you should understand that this appliance is dedicated to keeping your wine cool. Also, it will keep your wine away from sunlight. Further, the humidity level of your wine will be rightly maintained by a wine cooler. Not only wine but also you can place other liquids and solid foods in this appliance.
1. 12 Bottle Wine Cooler Compressor Refrigerator with Lock from Ivation
This freestanding wine cellar is designed for placing your sparkling wine, champagne and white and red wine. It comes with digital temperature control between 41 and 640F.
This unit uses Ivation Wine Coolers’ Compressor Technology. This technology makes sure that the temperature is not affected by external heat sources.
- Preserves the fullest aroma and flavor of wine
- Thermopane glass keeps the interior insulated.
- Touch controls are easy to use
- Soft Interior Lighting
- Racks are removable to accommodate different-sized wine bottles.
- The temperature keeps changing then and there itself
2. 6 Bottle Wine Cooler from Koolatron
This 16 L freestanding wine cellar from Koolatron can be used in an RV, condo or your small kitchen. The freezer-less unit has adjustable shelves.
It has been designed to hold up to 6 standard-sized wine bottles and fits rightly on a countertop or table.
- It comes with touch-screen controls
- You can place this freestanding unit in any place with a power source
- Comes with UV-protection glass door
- Used advanced thermoelectric technology cools between 46 and 66F.
- Digital display and external controls
- No humidity control
- The sound of the fan is audible in a quiet room
3. 18 Bottle Wine Cooler Compressor Refrigerator from Schmecke
This freestanding wine cellar uses Schmecke Wine Cooler’s Compressor Technology. It means that the outside heat temperature will not affect this appliance. Also, the temperatures in this appliance reach low enough. So, it can house sparkling white wines between 41 and 640F temperature range.
All you have to do when using this appliance is to set the temperature. Now, the appliance will take care of the rest. It comes with a built-in fan to maintain a consistent temperature all through. In turn, you can stay assured of long-term storage of wine.
- Comes with double-Paned UV-Resistant thermopane glass
- Soft interior lighting ensures that the flavor and color in labels stay for a long.
- Touch controls that are simple to use
- Removable racks to fit bottles of different sizes
- Temperature range between 41 and 640F.
- Operating noise is high
- The temperature readout is very bright
4. 18 Bottle Wine Cooler Refrigerator Compressor With Lock from Ivation
This freestanding wine cellar features a unique fan system. This system functions silently. But, it continues to take care of the air circulation evenly all through the cooler. So, you can expect even cooling all through the cooler.
In this appliance, you can adjust the temperature and can turn on the light simply by tapping on the digital display. Above all, you can lock in the setting with the lock button. You can view the temperature even in darkness due to its bright LCD display.
- Comes with a reinforced airtight seal to retain conditions inside the cooler ideal.
- A double-paned glass door keeps the interior of the unit insulated
- The glass safeguards the wine bottles placed inside from UV rays
- Provides uniform air circulation from top to bottle racks
- Racks are removable
- Has a limited space for campagne
- Longer bottles won’t fit into this cooler
5. FWC-341TS 34 Bottle Stainless Steel Freestanding Wine Refrigerator from Whynter
This freestanding wine cellar has been designed to fit into any space in your dining room, living room or kitchen. It comes with sleek touch-screen control. You can set the temperature between 39 and 650F.
It has been designed to hinder sun-caused deterioration of wins. The reason is that it comes with a protective tempered and coated double-pane glass door.
- Small size fits anywhere in your home
- Digital temperature control lets you set the temperature anywhere between 39 and 650F.
- Comes with a built-in display shelf that will let you showcase 5 high-cost wine bottles
- You can secure your wine collection with built-in door locks
- Uses powerful air distribution and cooling system
- The temperature of red wine is not correct.
- Fits only 20 bottles in total.
6. Urban Series 12 Bottle Dual Zone Black Wine Cooler from Koolatron
This freestanding wine cellar uses eco-friendly thermoelectric technology that cools your wine bottles between 54 and 660F in the upper zone and between 46 and 660F in the lower zone. There will not be any vibration such that sediments do not get disturbed.
The UV Protective Glass Door in this unit is double-paned. This glass door safeguards your wine from harmful UV Rays. Also, the soft interior lighting highlights the collection of wine placed in the refrigerator subtly.
- Provides the facility to place 12 wine bottles
- You can get perfectly-chilled wine ready to serve at all times
- LED interior lighting gently highlights your wine collection
- Comes with an internal fan that maintains optimal temperature all through to preserve flavor
- Comes with an airtight seal door
- Does not have a locking mechanism
- The volume is audible from 10-15 feet
7. 10 Bottle Wine Cooler Thermoelectric Wine Fridge from Koolatron
This 120-volt freestanding wine cellar has adjustable shelves. So, you can place the wine bottle at your convenience. This unit does not have a freezer and it is ideal for 750 ml wine bottles.
Digital display and external controls in this unit let you see and make changes to the temperature or you can turn the interior light on or off. You can do this without opening the door. In turn, cool air will stay inside your wine cooler, where it belongs.
- Uses advanced thermostatic technology helps with maintaining the right cool level
- The adjustable shelves in this unit let you place bottles of any size
- The airtight seal door will keep your wine with ideal coolness
- The double-paned glass door blocks UV rays and helps to maintain an optimal temperature inside
- Offers the facility to place 10 bottles at a time
- The celcius to Fahrenheit conversion switch does not work properly
8. DWC036A1BSSDB-6 3.3 Cu. Ft Freestanding Wine Cooler from Danby
This freestanding wine cellar can hold 36 bottles of wine. The glass door helps you see the contents of the cooler with ease.
It has been designed as a mini cooler and it offers the facility for you to customize the temperature anywhere between 43 and 570F.
- This freestanding cellar can provide perfect storage for your white or red wine
- A mini cooler that can store 36 bottles of wine
- Offers the facility to customize the temperature anywhere between 43 and 570F.
- Has a reversible door hinge and durable wire shelves
- The shelves are too narrow to fit champagne bottles
9. 15-Inch Wine Cooler with 30-Bottle Capacity from Staigis
This freestanding wine cellar has been designed as a 30-bottle wine cooler. It comes with a sleek concealed handle, glass door and stainless steel frame to add a touch of elegance to your bar, kitchen, office or home.
The digital temperature control in this unit will permit you to adjust the temperature which ranges from 40 and 660F to bring out your wine’s aroma.
- The compact design makes this cellar ideal for small spaces
- The reversible door lets you open left or right at your convenience
- Comes with a safety door lock to safeguard your wine bottles
- It has six shelves to provide space for most wine types
- It has temperature memory to remember your temperature settings
- The shelves in this unit are constructed out of thin wood
- No night light mode
10. 28 Bottle Large Freestanding Wine Cellar from Ivation
This freestanding wine cellar will help with preserving the fullest aroma and flavor of your drinks. You can set the temperature and can let the cooler take care of the remaining things. The built-in fan in this unit will help with maintaining a consistent temperature all through. In turn, it provides the optimal temperature to store your wine bottles.
The unit uses Ivation Wine Cooler Compressor Technology. This technology makes sure that the temperature inside the unit is not affected by outside heat sources. It reaches temperatures low enough to provide a home to your sparkling wines with a range of between 41 and 640F.
- Comes with Ultra-violet-Resistant two-layer-paned thermopane glass
- Gentle interior lighting provides gentle illumination to your wine bottles
- Simple-to-use controls let you choose the right temperature
- Removable racks let you store even longer bottles
- Bright LCD lets you view the temperature even in low-light conditions
- Noisy operation at times
- The racks are not of great quality
How to Choose the Best Freestanding Wine Cellar?
Protection from the UV Rays
You know that UV rays can affect the quality of the wine. To prevent this from happening, the freestanding wine cellar should protect from UV rays.
When the freestanding wine cellar can be opened both from the left and the right, it will be helpful. Particularly, this feature will be effective if you have left-handers and right-handers in your home.
At times, you might buy bigger wine bottles. In these times, the freestanding wine cellar should be in a position to accommodate it. So, when it has a removable rack, you can remove one rack to accommodate a bigger bottle.
At times, you might want your wine to be very cool, while at times, you might need it with mild coolness. So, you should be able to adjust the temperature in a freestanding wine cellar. The ideal temperature for wine storage is 550F or 120C. You should be able to get this temperature.
Gentle LED lighting
When the freestanding wine cellar is illuminated by lights that produce heat, it can affect the quality of the wine stored inside. So, it is better to check whether the unit has gentle interior LED lighting.
From the freestanding wine cellar appliances that we reviewed here, we find that the 12 Bottle Wine Cooler Compressor Refrigerator with Lock from Ivation is the best. The reason is that it can hold wine bottles ideal for a small group of people. Also, it has the best technology to preserve the aroma of the wine to the fullest.