10 Best Patio Serving Carts and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
Editor Pick Patio Serving Carts
Patio Serving Carts Buying Guide
With multipurpose patio furniture gaining momentum, serving carts are also becoming more popular. They are incredibly functional and versatile. Patio carts will look great anywhere you put them in your patio space. Also, they don’t take much space but will enhance the aesthetics of your patio area. You can use serving carts for many applications, such as patio decorations and parties. Serving carts are ideal if you want to add style and extra storage to your patio area. This guide will teach you to choose the best serving carts for your patio space.
Functions of Patio Serving Carts
As earlier stated, serving carts are considerably versatile. Here are some functions of serving carts that will help to enhance your patio areas.
A Straightforward Accent Piece
Serving carts are effortless to set up. You have to take it to the spot you want to put it in your patio area, lock the wheels, and you are good to go. You can decorate it and stock it any way you want. Serving carts are not only for drinks. So, don’t limit their usage to that. You can use your serving carts also to display other things such as paint supplies, knife knacks, flowers, cups, etc. Channel your creativity and get to work with this unique furniture piece.
They Can Function as Mobile Storage
Unlike other patio furniture, serving carts are portable. So, you can move them from time to time. If you are having a party or a large gathering, you can move your serving cart to where your guests are and serve them. This will significantly reduce the number of times you go to the kitchen.
You Can Take the Party Outdoors
Having patio serving carts means having as many parties as possible in your patio area. Serving carts are ideal for dinners, garden parties, and casual evenings on your patio. Instead of having your gathering indoors, take your guests outdoors to enjoy the evening view or the afternoon sun. Patio serving carts will serve as a place to house your drinks and foods while you spend quality time with your guests.
Decorate Your Serving Carts With Herbs
If you don’t want to move your patio serving carts around, you must style them in exciting ways that will leave your patio space looking innovative and fresh. One of the ways to do this is to style your serving carts with herbs. Some rosemary or thyme will make your patio area smell fantastic and make your serving carts more beautiful. Also, fresh herbs such as drapery and a vase of blooming flowers will add to the elegance of your patio area.
Factors to Consider Before Choosing Your patio Serving Carts
You have to consider some crucial facts before choosing your patio serving carts. These factors will help you to make a better decision when buying your serving carts. Here are some of them.
Which Configuration Do You Want for Your Serving Cart?
Patio serving carts come in various configuration styles. The configuration you choose for your serving cart depends on your needs and requirements. We will examine the three patio serving cart configurations and how they work to get you started.
- Open Carts: numerous plastic and metal bussing carts come with open bases. These open bases ensure you can load and unload your serving cart quickly. You will also be able to see the contents of your serving carts if you want to inspect them or take inventory.
- Enclosed Carts: some particular carts have partially or wholly enclosed bases. They also have shelves inside. This configuration offers numerous benefits, including hiding cleaning supplies, preventing spills, etc. Generally, only plastic serving carts come with enclosed bases. Although, some manufacturers are also making enclosed metal serving carts.
- Shelf Lip Carts: numerous carts feature lips on all three or four sides of the shelf to stop the contents on the carts from sliding out. Having lips on the four sides of a shelf can also help to contain spills if you use your serving carts to transport liquids like beverages, soups, and cleaning supplies.
Material: Metal or Plastic Serving Carts
Your personal preference and how you will use your serving carts should determine your chosen material. While a metal serving cart is ideal, a plastic serving cart will perform the same function, maybe more. We will examine both to know their operations and benefits
- Metal Serving Carts: numerous metal serving carts deliver long-lasting durability, which is helpful when transporting any item or load. Many metal serving carts are made using stainless steel. This makes them the ideal rust-resistant material to keep your serving carts safe and sanitary for us. The steel gauge is considerably useful regarding the durability of metal serving carts. The lower the gauge of the steel, the more durable and sturdier it will be. Metal serving carts also come in a wide range of styles. So, you can’t run out of options for your needs, including heavy-duty and light-duty applications. However, they are more likely to show scratches and dents than plastic serving carts.
- Plastic Serving Carts: they are more affordable than metal serving carts. And they offer similar benefits. Plastic serving carts are lightweight and not as heavy as metal carts. Numerous plastic serving carts are dent, chip, and stain-resistant. They would hold up pretty well where metal carts would show dents and scratches. They can add an aesthetic appeal to patio areas. And they can be used to transport any load you use metal serving carts for.
Choose the Handle That Will Be Convenient for You
The handles of patio serving carts come in two styles; vertical and molded-in. Your comfort and preference will determine your patio serving cart’s handle. We will examine the two kinds of patio serving carts to know the one that will be convenient for you.
- Vertical Handles: These handles are usually found on metal serving carts with higher weight capacities. Vertical handles have ergonomic value because they allow users of various heights to push serving carts with the proper posture and safely. If you plan to use your patio serving carts often every day, vertical handles are better options. They will not only keep the user’s correct posture but also help prevent injuries due to pushing hefty loads.
- Molded-in Handles: they are the best option if you prioritize continuity of design and durability. Molded-in handles are used in numerous serving carts. However, they are primarily used for plastic serving carts. While many molded-in handles are horizontal, some are also made vertically.
Go for the Rolling Style That Suit Your patio Area And Needs
Your patio serving carts must have a rolling style. With rolling patio serving carts, you will navigate your patio space effortlessly. There are several rolling styles. You have to choose the one that would work for your patio area and your needs. Here are some of the common rolling types for serving carts
- Swivel And Fixed: you can use either swivel, fixed, or a combination of both rolling styles for your patio serving carts, depending on your use. If you will only be using your serving carts in your patio area alone, or you always need to keep your carts steady, then fixed rolling is perfect. However, if you often move your serving carts from one location to another or need optimal maneuverability, the swivel rolling style is more beneficial.
- Brakes: if you observe your patio area and it seems perfectly straight, you don’t need to consider a rolling type with brakes. However, if you see that your patio space is not linear or flat, you would need to secure your serving carts. This is where you need brakes. You must buy a cart with one or more locking casters.
- Bumpers: they are similar to tiny rubber donuts in appearance. Manufacturers mount bumpers above the casters. And their primary purpose is to protect the walls, furniture, and doors. If your patio area looks unattractive when your patio furniture gets scuffed, you must consider getting serving carts with bumpers. Bumpers would protect your patio furniture and surfaces from contacting the car’s corners or casters.
- Non-marking: they are also known as no-mark or non-marring. Non-marking serving carts won’t leave any mark or track on your patio floor. If you have carpet in your patio area, you don’t need to prioritize non-marking serving carts. However, if your patio floor is made of wood and hard tile or has linoleum floors, you should consider getting non-marking serving carts. They will help to prevent your floor from getting damaged.
Patio serving carts are an exciting feature in a patio area. They will not only enhance the general appeal of your patio space, but they will also complement the existing furniture. However, it would be best to consider some crucial factors before choosing your patio serving carts. These factors include the material you prefer, the configuration, the handle, and the rolling style of your serving cart. Following this guide will have no problem choosing the proper serving cart for your patio space.