Top 10 Best Sandwich Makers Reviews and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
A sandwich maker is a small kitchen appliance. The purpose of this appliance is to help you cook, toast and grill sandwiches. The good thing about this appliance is that you can do these things with any ingredients. This appliance is also called by other names. They are a bread toaster machine or a sandwich machine.
A sandwich maker will compress the bread pieces. When toasting the bread pieces, this appliance will cook ingredients placed within two slices of bread. The good thing about this appliance is that your kids will start learning how to make their sandwiches themselves. Also, this appliance is easy to carry anywhere so that you can make your healthy breakfast yourself.
1. GR-4NP1 Stainless Steel Sandwich Maker from Cuisinart
Not only a sandwich maker but also this appliance is a 5-1 Griddler. Yes, you can use it as a half grill/half griddle, full griddle, full grill, panini press or a contact grilling appliance.
The griddle plates in this appliance are dishwasher safe. Also, they are reversible and removable. The plates even act as a drain for grease for healthy cooking.
- Comes with an integrated drip tray for the collection of grease
- The appliance has green/red light indicator lights for easy operation.
- For easy clean-up, this unit comes with a dishwasher-safe scraping tool.
- The selector knob in this appliance makes it easy to choose either the griddle or grill function
- Offers adjustable temperature control for griddle or grill
- The heating is not consistent in all parts of the sandwich maker
- The knobs seem to be imprecise and a little flimsy
2. G48TD 3-in-1 Waffle Maker from Black + Decker
Not only a sandwich maker but also has two other appliances in one. Yes, you can use it for toasting sandwiches, frying eggs and bacon and even crafting fluffy and large waffles. You can do all these things with a simple switch of reversible cooking plates.
The removable non-stick grill plates in this appliance are made tough enough to handle any meal yet they are easy to clean. However, you cannot place them in a dishwasher.
- The 180-degree hinge in this appliance doubles the area available for cooking.
- You can get the facility of adjusting the temperature with ease.
- The 8 x 8” cooking surface in this appliance has space for four servings.
- Makes up to 8 servings when you lay the top of this sandwich maker flat
- Waffle-making, grilling and griddling can be done in this single appliance
- The plate retention clips are very flimsy
- The heating element is round in this square appliance. So, corners do not get the correct heat
3. Sandwich Maker 3 in 1 from Taylor Swoden
This 3-in-1 sandwich maker comes with three plates that are detachable. At the same time, you can hold 6 medium panini bread, waffle or 4-slice sandwiches in this unit for cooking.
This appliance also offers the facility to try out different food. Examples include meatballs, hash browns, barbecue stakes, grilled cheese and many other dishes as you wish.
- 1200-watt higher power ensures that you can complete your cooking task quickly
- The uniform heating technology that this appliance uses ensures that your sandwiches are evenly cooked in all areas
- Low-fat and oil-free baking is possible in this appliance with its non-stick cooking surface
- LED indicator lights let you know once the power is on and your appliance is ready for cooking
- Intelligent temperature control to prevent overcooking and overheating
- Removing the plates for cleaning is not easy
4. Sandwich Maker and Panini Press 25410 from Hamilton Beach
Hamilton Beach has made this Sandwich maker a Panini Press as well. This electric indoor grill has been made with non-stick easy-clean grids. This two-in-one panini press and grill will help you prepare your meals in less than 10 minutes.
It comes with a dishwasher-safe drip tray, non-stick plates and a scraper tool for easy cleanup. You can expect restaurant-quality results at home with this appliance. The lid latch makes this unit shut between uses, thereby making storage easy.
- Makes hot sandwiches and more
- You can cook your meals in 10 minutes or even lesser time with this appliance
- When food is cooked, the fat will drip away into the dishwasher-safe drip tray to make cleaning easy
- The durable non-stick plates are easy to wipe clean
- Compact upright storage saves space
- As perimeter areas are a bit hotter, even cooking is hard
- The size is small and makes only two medium sandwiches at a time.
5. 25490A Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker from Hamilton Beach
When you intend to cook in this sandwich maker, you can get your breakfast ready within 5 minutes. With four simple steps, you can start this appliance and can get your breakfast ready quickly.
Not only for breakfast, but also this appliance will help you quickly prepare your brunch or an instant healthy meal on the go. You can make two sandwiches at the same time. So, if you have two kids, you need not have to make the elder one wait for his sandwich to cook.
- All removable parts in this appliance are dishwasher safe
- Let you customize your sandwich with your favorite bread, cheese, meats, eggs and much more
- You can prepare your food within just four easy steps
- A timer with an audible tone lets you know when the sandwich is done
- Kids less than 14 years cannot use this appliance as the outside part gets very hot.
6. WM-SW2N1 Silver Sandwich Grill from Cuisinart
This sandwich maker can cook a couple of sandwiches, servings of French toast or omelets. To make sure that your bread slices become brown evenly on both sides, this unit comes with a lock-down lid that positions your food.
To keep you informed right at the sight, it comes with ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook indicator lights. The cooking plates come with raised ridges that seal the edges of the omelets or bread slices so that the ingredients will stay inside.
- This sandwich maker comes with non-stick baking plates that you can wipe clean within seconds.
- The appliance has a space dedicated to cord storage to reduce the space required.
- Designed to cook two servings at the same time
- Dual indicator lights ensure that your foods are not overcooked or under-cooked
- Cleaning this appliance is easy with its non-stick plates
- The metal body gets very hot and tough immediately after cooking
7. 25415 Deluxe Hot Sandwich Maker from Proctor Silex
This sandwich maker apart from ensuring easiness to use is also fast enough in making your favorite dishes. All you will have to do is just load lightly oiled or buttered bread slices along with your favorite ingredients. Now, place it in the sandwich toaster and close the lid. Within 5 minutes, your perfectly toasted hot sandwich will be ready.
With this appliance, you can toast a couple of thick sandwiches. The cooking surface in this appliance has been designed to accommodate one long sandwich or a couple of toasted sandwiches. The floating lid in this appliance means that you can pile them high in the sandwich press. They will continue to cook evenly on both sides.
- The stainless steel makes this unit durable and easy to clean
- Non-stick durable ceramic plates in this appliance are easy to clean
- A lid lock in this appliance keeps it shut between uses. So, convenient storage is possible when the appliance is not in use.
- You can toast two thick sandwiches at the same time with this appliance
- Fast cooking appliance with a user-friendly interface
- Needs a learning curve to make perfect sandwiches
8. Non-Stick Sandwich Maker and Panini Press from Brentwood
This appliance is a powerful 750W panini press with a sandwich maker. You can make a maximum of a couple of sandwiches in minutes with this appliance.
The appliance comes with easy to carry locking handle and it has pre-heat and power indicator lights. The even and fast heating ensures ideal grill lines in this appliance. The indicator lights illuminate in this appliance when it is on and the plates are hot and ready.
- Comes with non-skid feet to keep the unit securely in place
- Powerful 750 watts appliance cooks quickly
- Comes with power and preheat indicator lights
- For added safety, housing and handles are cool to touch
- For easy carrying, the integrated handles lock with ease
- The cooking surface is not big enough for sourdough bread
9. ESM2207 Non-Stick Electric Sandwich from Elite Gourmet
With this sandwich maker, you can prepare grilled cheese sandwiches or French toast, omelets and even desserts. To your surprise, tuna melts in minutes in this unit.
You can expect top performance from this appliance that is very simple to use and also easy to clean. It has been built to suit small spaces and barely takes any counter space. You can store it upright and it is ideal for camping, dorm rooms and kitchens of all sizes.
- Indicator lights when the appliance is ready to make sandwiches
- Cool-touch locking handle
- Complies with ETL and FDA and is free of BPA
- Easy to wipe deluxe non-stick plates
- Compact design
- Pockets are not deep and so cheese or eggs go back when the lid shuts
10. MyMini Personal Sandwich Maker from Nostalgia
This sandwich maker is ideal if you are looking for this appliance for your personal use. The dual-side cooking facility in this unit makes sure that your food is cooked evenly.
All you will have to do is simply plug the unit in and wait until it is preheated. When the appliance is ready to cook your sandwich the indicator light will turn off. The unique plate design of this unit creates a couple of sections for sealing the flavor.
- Dual-sided cooking provides efficient and quick results
- Makes not only sandwiches but also pizza pockets, dessert pies, omelets and more
- Close-lid cooking locks the flavor in your ingredients
- Its small size makes it fit into any camper/RV as well
- You can stay safe when closing and opening the lids due to the cool-touch handles
- It does not toast the outside of the sandwich very well
How to Choose the Best Sandwich Maker?
The handle of a sandwich maker or any other kitchen appliance for that matter is important to consider. After several uses, kitchen appliances with cheap plastic handles will not withstand. It is better to choose a sandwich maker with high-quality handles. Particularly, the handle should be able to resist high temperatures.
Number of Slicers
When you intend to buy a sandwich maker, it is better to consider the overall size. You should decide on the capacity and size of the appliance based on the number of members in your home. It should also depend on how frequently you will use the appliance.
When you can adjust the heat settings in a sandwich maker, you will be able to make sandwiches with different roasted colors and degrees of crispiness. Nowadays, you can find sandwich makers with indicator lights that let you know when the sandwich is ready. In short, adjustable heat settings will be beneficial.
The cooking surface is important to consider when buying a sandwich maker. When the cooking surface is non-stick, you can stay assured that the sandwiches do not stick to the appliance. Otherwise, you will have to scrap the stuck pieces of bread from the cooking surface. A non-stick surface will make cleaning easy as well.
The power output is an important consideration when buying a sandwich maker. When you go for high-powered toasters, they can heat up within seconds to save you a lot of time. It is better to opt for an appliance that needs 700 to 750 watts of electricity so that it will work properly. Faster cooking will ensure that you need not have to skip your breakfast just because you are in a hurry.
Safety and thermal insulation are added features that will make your sandwich maker safe to use. From the top 10 sandwich makers we reviewed here, we feel that 25415 Deluxe Hot Sandwich Maker from Proctor Silex is the best. The reason is that it is easy to use and fast cooking is possible. Also, the non-stick ceramic plates make it easy to clean.