Top 10 Best Single Serve Coffee Brewers Reviews and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
A single serve coffee brewer is an appliance that has been designed to meet the coffee needs of a single person. It can brew coffee sufficient for one person.
From a single serve coffee brewer, you can be confident about freshly brewed coffee every time. Another key advantage of this machine is that it considerably reduces the chance of brewed coffee getting wasted. You can expect consistent brewing and less mess with this appliance. If you are the only person taking coffee in your family, this appliance is for you.
With this single serve coffee brewer, you can get delicious coffee in minutes. With its body size of fewer than 5 inches in width, you can place it anywhere.
From this appliance, you can make at least 6 to utmost 12 oz of coffee. Also, it offers a one-cup reservoir facility. So, whenever you feel like having a cup of coffee, you can add water to the appliance and get your coffee in minutes.
- It comes with a cord storage facility for easy transport
- The drip tray that can be removed accommodates travel mugs of up to 7 inches in height
- Auto shut-off feature
- Facility to choose from minimum 6 to maximum 12-oz brew sizes
- One cup reservoir
- Loud operation
- The cord is too short to plug-in
Not only black but also you can get this single serve coffee brewer in other colors like grey, white and red. It has two-in-one brewing function. So, this appliance can accept either single-cup pods or coffee grounds to make your single serve coffee.
With quick-brewing technology, it can brew your coffee almost instantly. You can program this appliance to make 5-oz cup sizes or 6 to 14-oz cup sizes as you need.
- Comes with a 30 oz removable water tank
- Anti-drip nozzle to prevent spillage
- It can accommodate a standard cup or up to 7.2” travel mugs
- Compatible with K-Cup Pods
- Auto shut-off to prevent overheating of the appliance
- Does not notify when the water level is not sufficient
- The metal drainer is a little flimsy
With this single serve coffee brewer, you can simply scoop your favorite coffee ground. Then, place it on this appliance and brew.
This appliance simplifies your coffee brewing as the permanent filter in this unit doubles as a scoop. It means that you need not have to measure your coffee grounds.
- This unit does not use K-Cup pods
- You can brew from standard 8 oz to utmost 14 oz
- Make your coffee light or strong as you desire
- Automatically shuts off after brewing
- Built-in stand for coffee mugs
- The size of this coffee brewer is bigger
- You should have a consistent water supply for brewing coffee with this appliance
When you have this single serve coffee brewer, you can brew coffee for different cup sizes ranging from six to twelve oz cups.
The appliance uses the New Heater Technology that makes sure that your coffee brews quickly that too at the perfect temperature. It comes with a large 45 oz removable water tank.
- Uses New Heater Technology for rapid brewing
- Comes with a large 45 oz removable water reservoir
- Offers the facility to choose between three brew sizes
- Compatible with most single-cup pods including 2.0 and 1.0 capsules
- Automatic shut-off to save energy
- Coffee is not hot enough and cools down quickly
- Noisier operation
This single serve coffee brewer brews K-Cup compatible capsules inclusive of 2.0. Even, you can use coffee grounds to make your favorite single-serve coffee with this unit.
The pressure pump in this unit ensures full-bodied brew and the utmost flavor extraction. The water stream adjusts itself for ground coffee in this intelligent coffee maker.
- Offers three different brew sizes
- The unit is compatible with most cups and travel mugs
- For convenience and added safety, it comes with an auto shut-off feature
- Brews K-Cup compatible capsules and also coffee grounds
- Uses a pressurized pump for the utmost flavor extraction
- It does not have any on/off switch
- Needs constant filling of water
This single serve coffee brewer comes with a milk frother. This two-in-one unit is suitable both for K-Pods and coffee grounds.
It comes with a 30 oz detachable reservoir. Not only in blue but also you can get this unit in black and red colors.
- Offers five different size settings ranging from 6 to 14 oz cup sizes
- Makes coffee both from K-Cups and ground coffee
- This unit can prepare your favorite brew just in three minutes
- Comes with a milk frother
- Slim body with less than 6 inches width
- The lines for the frother are not clear
- The lid over the water keeps dropping
Let us consider that have this single serve coffee brewer at your home. If so, you need not have to think about whether to make coffee with coffee grounds or coffee pods each day. Yes, you can select one of these modes in this appliance.
Within three minutes, this coffee machine can make fresh coffee for you with the perfect temperature ideal for beginning your day.
- Fully programmable functionality lets you program the unit to keep your coffee ready when you wake up
- Portable size makes it traveler friendly
- Comes with a portable travel mug
- Brews from K Pods and coffee ground
- Two-in-one compact design
- No keep-warm function for more than 30 minutes
This single serve coffee brewer comes with three buttons. From these buttons, you can select whether you are going to use coffee grounds or capsules and the third button is the size of your coffee cup.
You can get coffee in five different cup sizes with this appliance. The minimum size is 6 oz and the utmost cup size is 14 oz.
- Single-button control makes brewing easy
- Auto-shut-off functions save power
- Brews hot coffee within three minutes
- Compact size saves space in your countertop
- Two-in-one coffee maker with ground coffee and single-cup option
- The appliance is made of plastic entirely
This single serve coffee brewer from Cuisinart has a 40 oz removable water reservoir. It is compatible with both K-cup and ground coffee. However, you will have to buy a ground coffee filter separately.
You can use any brand of K-cup pods to brew your favorite coffee in this appliance.
- 30-Minute auto shut-off feature to save energy
- Compatible with K-cups from any brands
- Removable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs
- Facility to choose from different brew sizes
- Comes with a charcoal water filter
- The water reservoir does not have a handle
- The coffee is of average heat
You can find this single serve coffee brewer in five different color choices. The total capacity of this unit is 40 fluid ounces.
With this appliance, you can make as less as 8 oz coffee to as high as 12 oz coffee. This two-in-one appliance works both with your favorite coffee ground and K-cups.
- Multiple brew sizes
- Brews from coffee grounds and K-pods
- Comes with a 40 oz water reservoir
- You can adjust the strength of the brew
- Brews your coffee just in 90 seconds
- When filling shorter cups, the brew splatters around the cup area
How to Choose the Best Single Serve Coffee Brewer?
Check the Brewing Temperature
Naturally, most of us want our coffee to be super hot. So, before you shortlist a single serve coffee brewer, it is better to check the brewing temperature information. Also, look at the reviews to find whether users have mentioned anything about the heat of the coffee.
If you are planning to use the single serve coffee brewer wherever you go, it is better to do one thing. Yes, you can go for the one with a compact size. The dimensions should be such that the unit does not occupy much space even on your countertop.
Presence Water Reservoir
Do you hate filling up water every morning in a single serve coffee brewer? If so, you can look for a unit with a reservoir. You can pour water into the reservoir when going to bed the previous night. The next day, you can switch the appliance on to get your hot cup of coffee quickly.
For a single cup of coffee, you should not wait for long. So, before you shortlist a single serve coffee brewer, check for the brewing time promised. Nowadays, you can find units that can prepare your coffee in less than a minute.
When the single serve coffee brewer is programmable, you can preset the timer. In turn, every day your coffee will be kept ready when you wake up.
Apart from the factors mentioned above, you can also check whether the single serve coffee brewer has a keep-warm mode. Otherwise, you will have to reheat the coffee if you drink only half a cup in the morning.
From the top 10 appliances we reviewed here, we find that the Single Serve Coffee Brewer from Instant Pot is the best. The reason is that this appliance comes with a water reservoir. Also, you can use both k-pods and coffee grounds to make your favorite brews with this appliance.