Top 10 Best Electric Woks Reviews and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
An electric wok is an electric-powered Asian wok used in cooking methods like stir-frying. It is designed similarly to a traditional wok but fetches power from an electric source rather than a stovetop. Unlike conventional works, electric woks have different handles.
An electric wok offers extreme convenience to the user as it can be used anywhere with an electric source. Their portable nature makes them a great addition to camping and other outdoor activities. Most electric woks don’t need prior seasoning and are ready to use.
This 5-quart electric wok from Aroma Housewares has a relatively larger capacity. The cast aluminum material is efficient enough to spread the heat across the wok for better cooking evenly. The non-stick coating is easy to clean.
It exhibits an impressive heat-retaining capacity. The lid is high-domed, which helps in locking the heat and steam inside while cooking. The cover is also tempered glass, which makes overlooking the cooking process much more manageable.
- Dishwasher safe
- Suitable for deep frying
- Adjustable steam vent
- Detachable power cord
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Heat control settings are unmarked
The highlight feature of this electric wok is its affordability. It has the most practical design, including cool touch handles and a glass lid with a cool touch knob. The unique feature of this electric wok is its non-stick coating.
The non-stick coating contains small diamond particles. The manufacturers claim that these diamond particles reinforce the cooking surface, which is visibly true. The wok exhibits much better capability in withstanding rough usage and scratches, thanks to the diamond particles infused.
- Round bottom helps traditional wok cooking
- The power cord is detachable
- PFOA-free, non-stick cooking surface
- Dishwasher safe
- Deep frying is not suitable
- The base is not removable
Presto electric wok serves the basic and essential functionality of a wok. It sports a stainless-steel body with no non-stick coating. Despite the absence of a non-stick surface, the wok spreads even heat across the wok and cooks the food perfectly.
It has side loop handles, which help handle the wok while cooking in high heat. It is also highly portable, with a net weight of only 5.25 pounds. You get a compatible wooden spatula while purchasing this wok.
- High heat-retaining capacity
- Cool side loop handles even while cooking at higher temperatures
- Dishwasher safe
- Tempered glass cover
- Not non-stick
- The heat control plug also gets heated while cooking
- Handles are not heat-resistant
This electric wok has one of the most extensive capacities among the reviewed woks. It has a solid 6 quarts cooking capacity. It is of stainless steel and aluminum, which perfectly retains heat throughout the cooking process.
It has a non-stick coating that ensures mess-free cooking and easy cleaning. The non-stick coating also helps in reducing oil consumption significantly.
- Can adjust the heat up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Tempered glass cover
- Convenient 15 temperature settings
- The temperature control probe is removable
- The non-stick surface is not up to par in durability and gets scratched easily
- The larger size and heavy weight could be challenging for small and personal use
With a whopping 7.4 quarts cooking capacity, this electric wok is perfect as a household wok. Despite the high capacity and size, this wok feels highly lightweight due to the aluminum material.
The non-stick coating is efficient enough even during high heat. This wok’s handles are silicon, letting you touch the handles during cooking. The glass lid also has a cool-touch silicone knob.
- Tempered glass cover
- Four convenient temperature settings
- The 7.4-quart capacity is vast enough for family meals
- The detachable electric cord helps to use the wok as a serving dish.
- Not dishwasher safe
- The flat bottom area is only six inches
This electric wok suits all cooking, from stir fry to steaming. The highest heat setting marked as ‘searing’ even provides the best sear for various food items. The highlight of this wok is the presence of a steaming rack. The removable steaming rack makes it an ideal tool for steaming.
The wok is attached to the base with a locking mechanism that makes sure that the wok stays in place during cooking and does not cause any accidents. After use, the wok can be unlocked from the base and properly cleaned.
- Cool touch handles and lid knob
- Easy-to-turn temperature dial
- Bulk steaming is possible as the steaming rack leaves enough space below to accommodate over a quart of water.
- Non-stick coating supports easy washing
- Storage is a bit challenging due to the larger size
- The steaming rack is not much stable
This electric wok is multifunctional. It has a wide 13-inch flat bottom that lets you attempt various cooking methods, from stir-frying to shallow frying. It has one of the most durable designs, an easy-to-clean non-stick cooking surface, and a granite textured outside.
The side handles remain cool even while cooking in high heat. The tempered glass lid is also a convenient addition to the wok.
- Flat bottom lets the heat transfer evenly across the food items
- The wide cooking surface helps the user perform traditional tossing action without spilling
- The tempered glass cover comes with a steam vent
- Thermostat is removable
- No specifications were provided on the product being dishwasher safe
This electric wok is slightly different from the rest of the design. It is an induction wok that works on an induction base rather than a heating element. It picks up heat quickly and, thus, suits best for searing purposes.
The induction base has a convenient LED screen that shows the vitals during cooking. It comes with three adjustable wattage options. Even in low-wattage mode, it functions well.
- Cooking time can be adjusted up to 10 hours.
- The ‘stage’ button helps to schedule the cooking to various stages based on the temperature and cooking time needed.
- Strong carbon steel material
- No even distribution of heat, which results in a longer cooking time
- The absence of a flat bottom makes it not suitable for several cooking methods
This 5-quart electric wok sports a decent capacity. It has a relatively quicker heating time, which is best when carrying out a quick searing. It performs well in retaining the heat too.
The non-stick surface helps with easy cooking and easy cleaning. It also has a convenient tempered glass lid for better monitoring during cooking.
- Detachable temperature probe
- The lid has a steam vent
- It comes with a steaming rack
- Cool-touch handles and base
- Dishwasher safe
- The temperature setting dial has no number markings, which is sometimes confusing.
This electric wok has a modern design that suits any contemporary kitchen. It has 14 different temperature settings, enough to carry out numerous cooking methods. The cooking surface gains heat very quickly, which makes it ideal for searing and stir-frying.
The 14-inch base provides enough room to cook for relatively larger quantities. The base is easy-to-remove, and the wok is easy-to-clean using a dishwasher.
- The four-layer non-stick surface features high-quality quantanium
- It has a high sear option
- The base has rubber grips for high stability
- See-through lid
- The temperature setting dial is not labeled
How to Choose the Best Electric Wok?
The following are the essential features to look for in an electric wok.
Unlike traditional cast iron or carbon steel woks, an electric wok is usually available in aluminum or stainless steel. Both these materials help reduce the net weight of the wok for convenient and effortless cooking. Aluminum is much more lightweight and is capable of evenly spreading the heat. Stainless steel withstands rough usage more and provides high durability to the electric wok. But despite having a high heat-retaining capacity, stainless steel is heavier than aluminum.
A removable base is a must for any electric wok. This removable base ensures easy cleaning for the wok. As aluminum and stainless steel are dishwasher-safe materials, a removable heat base makes it much easier for the user to clean it after cooking. Also, the detaching mechanism should be easy enough.
Cool Touch Features
Cooking in wok involves a great deal of tossing and other movements. Having cool touch handles and a cool touch knob would be an excellent addition to any electric wok. They offer convenience and safety during cooking. Cool touch handles are often made using silicone. Cool touch features enable the wok to convert into a serving vessel.
Heat settings on an electric wok let it adjust the heat on multiple levels. As an electric wok is compatible with various cooking methods like stir-frying, deep frying, steaming, etc., it is ideal to have maximum heat settings to suit each method. Thus, getting an electric wok with the greatest number of heat settings is advisable.
A high-quality tempered glass lid is an excellent addition to an electric wok. As woks can be used for steaming and similar slow-cooking procedures, it would be ideal for the user to see the food to ensure better quality. Without a see-through lid, the user will have to open the wok to check whether the food is cooked enough, losing valuable steam, which contributes to a longer cooking time.
Electric woks are a great addition to any household due to their high convenience and additional features over traditional woks. The lightweight building material makes them even better for camping purposes and RVing. Among the many electric woks available today, the AEW 306 Aroma Housewares electric wok emerges as the best product. Its high capacity, even heating, easy assembling process, etc., makes it the most convenient and feasible electric wok option.