Top 10 Best Waffle Iron Reviews and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
A waffle iron is a cooking appliance that is used for cooking waffles. This appliance comes with hinged indented plates. These plates press a grid. This cooking tool will have a couple of hinged metal parts. These parts shut upon each other. They make a pattern in the shape of a grid in the waffle that is cooked.
When you have a waffle iron in your kitchen, you can enjoy waffles with your own tasty recipes. Above all, you can stay sure that only safe and healthy ingredients are present in the waffle. Most waffle irons in the market are non-stick. So, you need not have to feel concerned about putting grease on them. In turn, you can make healthy waffles without much oil. This appliance is otherwise called a waffle maker.
With this waffle iron, you can bake a maximum of 4 square-shaped Belgian waffles at a time. With this appliance, you can make waffles that are crispy on the outside and fluffy and light on the inside due to the Steam Release System that it uses.
The waffle maker has extra deep pockets that can hold maple syrup, fresh berries and more. Based on your preference, you can choose one of the 5 browning levels from light to dark.
- Easy clean dishwasher-safe removable die-cast plates
- The die-cast plates come with non-stick coating for the effortless release of food
- Green and Red indicator lights in this appliance denote that your appliance has finished cooking and is on.
- You can easily know that your waffle is cooked with audible ready beep
- It is made in a sleek stainless-steel design
- The handle gets heat and should have been better insulated from heat
This waffle iron features 7 adjustable levels of browning. So, you can expect your waffles to be as crispy as you like them. This appliance automatically alerts you when it is time to pour the batter and when your waffle is done.
The plates in this appliance are coated with PFOA-free non-stick material. So, your waffles slide right off with ease once they are cooked.
- With this appliance, you can make a large round waffle of about 6.5 inches with sections that are easy to cut.
- Comes with easy-to-cut sections
- Has extra-deep pockets for enjoying your waffles with any kind of toppings
- Plates are coated with PFOA-free non-stick material
- Offers the facility to achieve 7 different levels of browning
- Has Teflon non-stick coating and not a ceramic non-stick coating
- Not possible to remove baking plates to cleaning
This waffle iron comes in a classic square shape. So, with this appliance, you can make professional-quality waffles at your home.
In addition to extra-deep waffle pockets, this unit has a large traditional-style Belgian waffle. You can make a pancake and a waffle one at a time in this unit. It has four quarters for easily splitting your waffles.
- Offers 6 different browning settings with loud alert
- Gives you the option to choose a desired waffle-making temperature
- Non-stick coated waffle grids help with the easy release of waffles
- Comes with ready-to-cook and ready-to-consume indicator lights
- To make thick waffles, the batter pockets are an inch deep
- Only one side of the waffle gets brown and the other side is white
With this waffle iron, you can make your waffles like you want lighter or darker with adjustable browning settings. You can know when to add the batter with ease in this appliance with its indicator lights.
It comes with a drip tray and a locking lid for cooking without any mess. The cap locks safely in place at the time of flipping and cooking. The drip tray that you can easily remove gathers any overflow. You can also wash the drip tray in the top rack of your dishwasher.
- Enables flip action for fluffy and thick waffles
- You can expect professional and delicious results when you make waffles in this appliance
- The Belgian-style non-stick grids in this appliance are easy to clean
- It comes with power and ready indicator lights
- Adjustable browning settings help you make waffles as you wish.
- The cord is not long enough
- It does not have an on/off switch
With this Belgian waffle iron, you can make round and large waffles with deep pockets. So, the waffles you make with this appliance can hold a lot of syrup and other toppings.
This appliance features an 8-inch non-stick plate. This plate releases waffles with ease and cleans swiftly. With adjustable temperature control, this appliance lets you choose a customized temperature to cook your waffles.
- This waffle maker comes with a safe-to-touch handle for a firm grip and protection against heat
- Stainless steel housing offers better durability
- 1080-watt capacity for quick cooking
- The length of the power cord in this unit is impressive at 27.5 inches
- Provides the possibility to customize the heat when cooking with different kinds of batter and finishes
- Power and ready-to-cook indicator lights
- Makes waffles that are not that thick
This waffle iron from Black + Decker has been made as a three-appliance-in-one unit. Yes, you can toast your favorite sandwiches, fry eggs and bacon and can craft fluffy and large waffles with this kitchen appliance.
All you will have to do to cook your favorite dish is to simply switch the reversible cooking plates. The removable grill plates are non-stick. So, you can clean them with ease. But you cannot place them in a dishwasher.
- Offers adjustable temperature controls
- The unique hinge in this appliance doubles the area available for you to cook.
- For more cooking options, this appliance comes with a flat and large griddle surface.
- The cooking surface can make four servings at a time.
- By laying the top of the waffle maker flat, you can even make 8 servings.
- The heating element is round. But the appliance is square. So, the corners do not cook properly.
This rotating waffle iron is a 1400-watt appliance with stainless steel housing. It can make a maximum of 8 waffles within 10 minutes. For easily measuring the ingredients, this unit comes with a premeasured batter measuring cup.
This appliance comes with cord wrap for easy storage. It has indicator lights and even an audible signal to let you know once your waffles are ready to serve. The copper non-stick coating that this appliance uses is free of PFOS/PFOA.
- Made with digital technology and durable materials
- 1400-watt ensures quick cooking of your waffles
- Offers browning control facility
- Features easy food release and dishwasher-safe drip tray
- Comes with cord wrap for easy storage
- Requires a learning curve to spot the right heat setting
The special feature of this waffle iron is that it is induction stovetop compatible. This 900-watts unit weighs around 6.7 pounds. It has 7 settings to work with so that you can enjoy your fluffy, light, golden or crispy classic circular waffles as you wish.
If you have made waffles earlier, you might have noticed one thing. Waffle batter has the texture of spilling out onto your countertop. But, this waffle maker has been designed to prevent these spills from damaging your countertop.
- Uses premium PFOA-Free non-stick coating
- This smart unit produces heat evenly so that you will not have any burnt or uncooked parts in your waffles
- You can make waffles in seven different browning levels
- No-Mess moat prevents waffle batter from spilling on your countertop
- Comes with die-cast aluminum plates
- Does not make waffles crispy in a single cycle
- Cooked waffles are hard to remove from the unit
With this waffle iron, you can make restaurant-quality fluffy waffles within 6 minutes. It can make four large waffles at the same time. Above all, the plates in this unit are easy to wipe clean. It can make your waffles quickly due to its high power at 1400 watts.
The durable stainless-steel design along with PFOA-free non-stick coating makes sure that you can easily wipe off the plates once your waffles are ready. The compact design along with the locking latch helps you easily store this unit without occupying much space on your kitchen countertop.
- Makes 1.2” extra-thick restaurant-quality Belgium waffles
- Makes waffles within 6 minutes
- Comes with a 1400-watt heating system for quickly making waffles
- It has cool-touch handles for extra safety
- Comes with power and ready indicators to signal you
- No facility to control the temperature
- Waffles are breaking when removed from the plates after they are cooked
When you have this waffle iron in your kitchen, you can make more than just waffles. Yes, you can make hash browns, paninis, and even biscuit pizzas in this unit. You can make waffles in four-share-size portions. The compact size makes it ideal for frequent travelers and for usage by kids.
When you have this appliance, you need not have to mess around with your waffle batter. The reason is that for gathering overflowing batter, this unit has built-in pocket sides. So, cleaning will be a bit easy.
- You can use this unit with ease as you can simply plug it in and go.
- The cooking surface heats up in minutes to save your time
- It had non-stick cooking surfaces on two sides for achieving an even cooking temperature.
- The small size does not occupy much space oin your countertop
- Makes four waffles at the same time
- There is no audible beep sound to know whether the waffles are cooked
- Very hot to the touch once the waffles are cooked
How to Choose The Best Waffle Iron?
If you would like to taste waffles in different colors. If so, you should choose a waffle iron with different browning settings. Not all waffle irons provide this facility. So, do not forget to look for a browning control facility before you buy a waffle iron.
Consider the Cooking Time
If you are a busy person, you will be interested in completing your waffle-making task as quickly as possible. So, consider the cooking time before you short-list a waffle iron. Some units are of better watt capacity such that they can quickly make your waffles. Here, it is better to ensure that there are indicator lights to show you that the appliance is ready to accept waffle batter. Also, there should be an indicator light and beep sound to let you know once the waffles are ready.
Number of Servings
If you look to buy a waffle iron for your small family, a small unit can do the work for you. But, if you have a larger family, you might need a waffle iron that can make more servings in a single cycle. With this facility, you can save precious time and can make waffles quickly for your entire family.
The shape of the Waffle Iron
Are you particular about making waffles in a traditional round and square shape? If so, you can find a waffle iron that makes waffles only in these traditional shapes. Nevertheless, you can also find waffle irons in different shapes to make different shapes of waffles including a heart shape.
Easy to Clean
The waffle iron you buys should have plates that you can remove and wash in a dishwasher. Some waffle irons come with plates that you cannot remove. Also, if the plates are non-sticky, you can easily wipe them out. The non-stick coating should be safe as well.
You can also consider whether the waffle iron has deep pockets. In turn, you can pour the batter without spilling. From the top 10 appliances reviewed here, we find that the 14614 Double Rotating Belgian Waffle Maker from Crux is the best. The reason is that it has different browning settings. Also, it can make 8 waffles within 10 minutes and is easy to clean as well.