Top 10 Best Pancake Baking Mixes Reviews 2021
Table of Contents
Top Pick Pancake Baking Mixes
Pancake Baking Mixes – To Make Delicious Pancakes Right at Your Home
Have you been looking for a reliable external source to buy pancakes for your kids? Then, you need not have to do it anymore. Thanks to pancake baking mixes! They will help you with making not just tasty but even healthy pancakes. Above all, you can serve it hot for your family as against serving them with cold pancakes during the cold winter season.
What Is A Pancake Baking Mix?
As you know, a pancake is a flat and thin cake of batter that is fried on both sides in a pan. You can make these pancakes at home with the help of a pancake baking mix with ease. It means that the mix will help you with creating the batter required for making these pancakes at home. You can roll it up with healthy vegetables or even some sweet filling for your kids to have a healthy and tasty snack.
What Does Pancake Baking Mix Taste Like?
The taste of a pancake baking mix will have a mix of sweetness and salt. Also, you can experience different tastes based on the pack of this mix you choose. The reason is that you will come across sweetened or salted variants. Some of them taste buttery as well. When you are thinking why not make this mix at home. The answer is that to get great-tasty pancakes with the right texture and softness, you will have to add many ingredients in the right ratio. To avoid this hassle, you can buy the readily available mixes.
Above all, when you buy them, you can get the culmination of trying out pancakes of different tastes from different brands. Your family will develop fandom for pancakes from a particular brand. They will start emanating their desire to taste those healthy pancakes and particularly you expect this to happen in your kids. With this mix readily available in your home, you can get out of the commotion of what to make for snacking this weekend for your kids. When you buy all you have to do is to ensure that you choose a band that assures the best quality mix.
Is Pancake Baking Mix Healthy?
Are you wondering whether pancake baking mix can be healthy for your family? Of course, you might have heard that pancakes are hot favorites when it comes to breakfast foods in most homes in the United States. But, most people say that they are not the healthiest breakfast option though. With the right selection of a healthy baking mix, you can ensure that your family can get the benefits listed below:
Calcium for Strong Bones: Can pancake baking mixes help with building healthy bones? Yes, it can with the right combination of other ingredients with the mix. Pancakes are excellent sources of calcium. Yes, a single serving of whole-wheat pancakes has nearly 250 milligrams of calcium, which is around a quarter of the calcium you required in a given day. When you choose buttermilk pancakes mix, you can get around 180 milligrams, which amounts to nearly 18% of your daily calcium needs.
Apart from being healthy to the bones, calcium helps your muscles and nerves to function properly as well. Even, studies show that it may help with controlling your blood pressure levels.
How to Make Pancake Baking Mixes Taste Good?
Thanks to pancake baking mixes! They help with the easy and quick making of pancakes. Of course, you can make these mixes taste better by adding ingredients that are not just taste-enhancing but are also healthy for your family. Here are some ideas to help you make tasty pancakes with these mixes:
- In a jar, bring together all dry ingredients and store them in your pantry. Whenever you get a craving for pancake, your dry ingredients are ready to go. This was the rule followed by moms, who made pancake mixes earlier in their homes. But, now, the dry ingredients are readily available for you in the form of pancake baking mix. So, with this mix, you can make pancakes whenever you wish to.
- Of course, you need wet ingredients to make pancakes. You can combine wet ingredients in advance and can cover and refrigerate them overnight. The next morning, you can prepare your pancakes for breakfast quickly without wasting time on combining wet ingredients as they are readily available in the refrigerator. Also, as you have made it the previous night itself, it will have a better taste as all ingredients would have combined well by this time.
- Many pancake recipes call for milk as an ingredient. But, if you want the pancakes to be extra delicious and rich, you can use buttermilk instead of milk.
- If you want the pancakes to be extra-light, you can use apple cider instead of milk. It will add an apple flavor to your pancakes as well.
- You can consider adding a pinch of pumpkin pie spice to the pancake batter that you make with a pancake baking mix. It will cozy up your pancake batter and your overall breakfast.
- You can add a dash of sugar, vanilla essence, lemon extract and baking soda to the pancake baking mix for additional taste and flavor.
- If you love maple flavor, you can consider adding a splash of maple syrup to the pancake batter.
- You can get a spicy and sweet touch by sprinkling some cinnamon and vanilla before you make a batter with the pancake baking mix.
- You can consider adding some berry-flavored yogurt to the batter for some extra richness and sour taste.
- For a unique taste, you can also consider stirring a small amount of lemon, orange extract, ginger and chocolate chips to the pancake batter.
What Features to Consider When You Buy Pancake Baking Mixes?
Some features that will make your pancake baking mix shopping the best to make great-tasting and healthy pancakes are listed below:
Gluten-free pancake mix: In general, all-purpose flour is known for its gluten presence and so some people keep away from pancakes as they have gluten intolerance. If one of your family members has this issue, you can get a gluten-free pancake baking mix. This feature will help with improving digestive health in other family members as well.
Choose Non-GMO Mix: When you buy a pancake baking mix that reads non-GMO, you can ensure that the ingredients are not genetically modified. You might have heard that genetically modified foods are not safe to consume and they cause health issues in the long run. So, look for this feature before you shop for the mix to make pancakes at home.
Choose Protein Pancake Mix: As you look for a healthy pancake baking mix, you can consider buying a mix that reads protein pancake mix. You might have heard that protein is an essential building block for skin, cartilage, muscles and bones. Further, it will help with repairing tissues in your body. Also, it will help with improving digestion. It will aid with oxygenation as well.
Choose Kosher Certified: If you are an ardent follower of Religious Jewish Law, you can consider buying a pancake baking mix that is kosher certified. If a mix has this certification, you can stay confident that everything right from the ingredients and the process followed for the production and even machinery used complies with the Kashrut Standard.
Go for Buttermilk Pancake Mix: You might think that buying a buttermilk pancake baking mix will help with making tasty pancakes. Not just for this reason but even you can get fluffy pancakes when you choose a mix with buttermilk. Even, buttermilk is known for its ability to improve bone and oral health. Also, as compared to other dairy products, it is easier to digest as well.
Fat-Reduced Pancake Mix: If you are a person particular about losing or maintaining the right level of weight, you should be particular about consuming foods with low-fat content. So, when you buy pancake baking mix, you can look for a pack that reads fat-reduced pancake mix. This feature will ensure that the fat content will be less in the mix, thereby making it safe to consume even for individuals with high blood cholesterol levels.
How Much Does Top-Rated Pancake Baking Mix Cost?
Are you particular about buying cheap pancake baking mix? You can find affordable pancake baking mixes at around $3 to $5. But, if you need a high-end pancake baking mix, you can find options at around $75. So, the average cost of this mix will differ based on the size of the pack you choose.
Pancakes are all-time favorites when it comes to breakfast recipes. The right pancake baking mix will take you out of the hassle of preparing pancakes. It will make your pancake baking not just easy but also healthy by providing different options to choose from.
You can find options like sodium-free, sugar-free, more protein, less protein, higher fat content, less fat and many choices. So, choose the right mix based on your health needs and you can continue to enjoy your favorite pancakes with the right mix.