10 Best Hammock Stands and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
Top Rated Hammock Stands
Hammock Stand Buying Guide
After buying your preferred hammock for your outdoor space, you are now faced with the hurdle of hanging it. This is where hammock stands come in. They are the most convenient method of hanging your hammock. They are also durable, stylish, and straightforward to assemble. With a hammock stand, you can hold and remove your hammock anytime you want without using trees or being an expert at tying knots. However, there are some crucial factors you must consider before buying a hammock stand for your hammock. Here is the only guide you need to buy the best hammock stand for your hammock.
Why You Should Invest in Hammock Stands
There are several benefits you will enjoy when you invest in a suitable hammock stand for your hammock. Here are some of them.
Great Alternatives For Trees
Generally, people use trees to hang their hammocks. However, you might like a spot without trees in your home that will be excellent for your hammock. What do you do then? A hammock stand can help you to solve this problem quickly. Also, trees are not always the best way to hang your hammock. The space between them might not be ideal for suspending a hammock. With a hammock stand, you can turn any place into the perfect spot for your hammock.
They Are Portable
A lot of hammock stands are significantly portable. So, you can use them for various applications. For example, a hammock stand will come in handy if you are going outdoor camping where you would need your hammock. So, it doesn’t matter where you are or where you go; hammock stands are portable enough to be moved about easily.
Easy to Set Up
One of the distinctive advantages of hammock stands is that they are straightforward to set up. They will also save you a lot of time and stress. You don’t need to have prior experience with using hammock stands before you will be able to set it up. They usually come with instructions on how to assemble them. You will set up your hammock stand with some standard tools in minutes.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Your Hammock Stand
Here are some crucial factors to consider when choosing a suitable hammock stand for your hammock.
Your Available Space and Functionality are Essential
If you are using your hammock stand in your outdoor area, you must first measure the available space you can spare. Hammock stands come in various sizes. Your available space will influence the width of the hammock stand you will buy for your hammock.
If you have a small outdoor area, it is advisable to go for hammock stands with less width. They don’t take as much space. And if you have a large outdoor area, it is not advisable to fill up your outdoor area with your hammock stand. You must decide on the available space you can spare for your hammock stand. You will then work with this measurement to choose the best hammock stand to use for your hammock.
Another thing to consider when deciding on your available space is the functionality of the hammock stand. Are you going to leave the hammock stand at the spot you picked at all times?
Some hammock stands are designed to stay in a particular location. You can’t quickly move them around because of their size. If you are the type that loves to change the arrangement of your outdoor furniture and hammock location, you should consider getting portable and lightweight hammock stands you can move around quickly.
Choose The Material That Works Best For Your Hammock
The material of your hammock stand is one of the crucial steps in choosing the best one for your hammock. To know the best material for your hammock stand, you must first decide where you will place your hammock. Knowing this will help you choose the best material for your hammock stand. Here are some of the most common hammock stand materials to get started.
- Metal Hammock Stands: They are made using steel with a powder coating that makes them resistant to rust. They are also incredibly functional. This is because you can assemble and dismantle metal hammock stands easily. They are one of the most lightweight materials for making hammock stands. They are also compact, which makes them easily moveable. Hammock stands do not require special maintenance or care. This is because they are resistant to rust and moisture. Metal hammock stands have a modern and glossy look. If you want to replicate a minimalist look in your outer space, you should consider going for a metal hammock stand.
- Wooden Hammock Stands: they are an excellent choice for outdoor usage. They are also more attractive than metal hammock stands. Wooden hammock stands have varying looks depending on the stain and wood that is used. However, they are usually made from water-resistant, durable, and sturdy woods such as bamboo and cedar. Generally, wooden hammock stands are highly versatile. They also come in various textures and colors that suit your outdoor area. However, avoid weak woods like spruce if you want to buy a wooden hammock stand.
Determine The Size of Your hammock Stand
Hammocks come in various sizes. Various hammock stand sizes will accommodate them. If you are not sure about the hammock stand to buy, use the following tips to determine the one that will suit your hammock stand.
- The Dimension of Your Hammock Stand: Although the length can differ, many hammock stands are usually about four feet wide. To begin, first, measure your hammock’s length. Then add two more feet to the original measurement. For instance, if the length of your hammock is 12.5 feet long, then let the 14.5 feet be the size of your hammock stand. This will allow you to hang your hammock comfortably. However, you don’t need to worry if the hammock stand you choose is too long for your hammock. You can use chains to supplement by adding them between the hammock stand and the hammock. This will help the hammock reach the end of the hammock stand.
- The Weight Capacity of Your Hammock Stand: there are various hammock stands. And the weight most of them support is usually between 350 to 500 pounds. However, double hammock stands are capable of supporting more weight. The hammock stand you choose must be able to support the weight you want to use it for. So, check all your hammock stand’s specifications to know if it can support the intended weight.
The following sizes are the most common for hammock stands
- 5 feet (for hammock chairs)
- 9.5 feet
- 14.5 feet
- 15 feet
There is a high probability that the size of your preferred hammock stand will fall within these sizes.
Prioritize The Features of Your Hammock Stand Features
When choosing a hammock stand, you also have to consider the features you want it to have. These features are usually essential and handy. Here are some standard hammock stand features.
- Spreader Vs. Non-spreader Bar Hammocks: You must ensure that the hammock stand you choose is compatible with the spreader bars on your hammock. The primary function of spreader bars is to ensure the material of your hammock remains firm. Many hammock stands will efficiently work with hammocks with spreader bars and those that do not. However, you must ensure that your preferred hammock stand will work with your hammock if you have spreader bars.
- Portable hammock Stands: some hammock stands come with wheels that aid movement. This is a feature you need if the hammock stand you want is heavy, large, or both. Also, some lightweight hammock stands are made from aluminum that you can easily disassemble. These hammock stands are an ideal choice for outdoor usage. However, you don’t need to worry if your hammock stand doesn’t come with wheels. You can buy them as an accessory.
- Adjustable Hammock Stands: Numerous self-standing hammock stands can be adjusted to various hammock lengths, while others can only work with a specific length. Adjustable hammock stands provide the versatility to shorten or lengthen your hammock stand to be compatible with the size of your hammock. With an adjustable hammock stand, you can use various hammocks. Specific hammock stands also come with two chains and S-hooks. These features allow you to adjust your hammock’s tautness and height conveniently.
Hammock stands are essential, particularly in areas where you can’t find ideal trees to suspend your hammock. However, some crucial factors must be considered before choosing your hammock stand. These factors include your available space, the functionality of your preferred hammock stand, the type of material you want, the size, and the features of your hammock stand. These factors are incredibly crucial if you want to buy a suitable hammock stand for your hammock. If you follow this buying guide, you will be able to buy the best hammock stand that will be compatible with your hammock.