10 Best Hammocks and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
Top Rated Hammocks
Hammock Buying Guide
There is nothing more comfortable and relaxing than lying in a hammock. It doesn’t matter where you want to use it; the soft swing of a hammock can relax and soothe your body. Hammocks offer the best place to sleep, read, and sunbathe. However, choosing the best hammock for your outdoor area can be overwhelming. Despite their straightforward design, hammocks come in various sizes, styles, and materials. Here is the only guide you need to choose the right hammock for your outdoor space.
Why You Should Invest in Hammocks
There are a lot of benefits you enjoy when you invest in hammocks. Here are some of them.
Best Replacements for Tents
One of the significant reasons you should invest in hammocks is that they are the best replacements for tents. Tents take a lot of time before you can set them up. On the other hand, hammocks are incredibly easy to set up. Hammocks also offer similar protection and usage as tents. It doesn’t matter where you go; you can set your hammock up in a few minutes. You also won’t have to worry about flooding when using a hammock. This is because they are usually off the ground, making them even better than tents.
You Can Use Hammocks All Year
Many people think hammocks are only helpful during summer. However, you can use hammocks all year long if you want. Various hammock options are sturdy enough to be used all year long. When you have the right hammock accessories, you can also use your hammock during any weather conditions.
Guaranteed Amazing Naps
Amazing naps are guaranteed when you sleep in hammocks. You will experience the distinctive feeling of being enclosed in a cocoon when you take your naps inside hammocks. The wind will also add to the overall experience by swaying you gently as you sleep. All these little effects help heighten the sleeping experience that your bed won’t give you. There are numerous hammock styles to choose from that will provide you with this experience. You can’t go wrong with taking naps in hammocks.
You Won’t Break the Bank Before You Can Get Hammocks
With the incredible comfort that comes with hammocks, many people tend to think that they are expensive. However, this is not the case. Hammocks have varying price ranges—various factors like size, brand, quality, etc., all impact the price of hammocks. So, you will always get a comfortable one within your budget. All you have to do is decide where you will use your hammock and how many people you want your hammock to support at once. Then check out the available hammocks and buy the one that suits your needs.
Factors To Consider Before Buying Hammocks
There are numerous factors to consider before choosing the right hammock for your outdoor area. Here are some of them.
Choose The Hammock Size That Will Fit Your Space
The size of the hammock you choose for your outdoor area is essential. You don’t want to choose a size that will be too small or too big for the space you want to use your hammock. Also, you must ensure that the hammock you choose can fit the people it wants it to carry. As a rule of thumb, exceeding your hammock’s weight capacity is not advisable. Here are the hammock sizes available.
● Single: this is the smallest hammock size available on the market. The size of beds that come with single hammocks is between 76 to 79 inches long and 39 to inches wide. If you are an adult with an average size, the single hammock will fit you conveniently.
● Double: double hammocks are the most popular of all hammock sizes. They are mainly designed to accommodate two average-sized adults comfortably. They can also offer an added elbow space for an extra person. The length of double hammocks is usually between 74 to 79 inches, while the width ranges from 52 to 60 inches.
● Queen/Matrimonial: queen or matrimonial hammocks are a little larger than double hammocks. They can conveniently fit two adults while leaving more additional space for an extra person than double hammocks.
● King/Family: this is the most enormous hammock size available today. Three average-sized adults can comfortably fit into the king hammock. While king hammocks also maintain the same length as other hammock sizes, they are wider. The width ranges from 69 to 79 inches.
Make Your Hammock Material a Priority
The material that comes with your hammock plays a huge role in determining its comfort and durability. So, you must ensure you choose the one that will last long and make you comfortable. Here are the two popular hammock materials manufacturers use for hammock construction.
● Cotton: cotton is the most commonly used material for hammocks. It has been used for many years due to its versatility, soft texture, and natural look. However, too much direct sunlight can fade cotton material and make the rope tan. To ensure your cotton hammocks are kept in the best shape so they can last long, store them indoors after use. Also, you can put them in your outdoor area without direct sunlight.
● Polyester: polyester material recently started making rave in the hammock-construction industry. Unlike cotton, polyester material can withstand rain and direct sunlight without getting affected. This makes them a better option in this regard. However, if you want your polyester hammocks to last long, keep them indoors after using them.
Choose The Style That Suits Your Preference
When choosing hammock style, your preference is the determining factor. Think about the mood you want to create in your outdoor area. Then, choose the style that will create that mood. To get you started, here are some popular hammock styles.
● Mayan: Mayan hammocks are hand-woven and incredibly attractive. They are made using similar time-honored techniques used by the Mayan people for several centuries. Mayan hammocks are made using cotton material. You can get them in natural cream colors or various vibrant and bold patterns and colors. Mayan hammocks are ideal for sleeping. This is because they enclose you so you don’t fall out when you sleep in them.
● Olefin/Quilt: this hammock style has a luxurious layer in its middle. This provides added comfort. They are also incredibly soft. It is also resistant to sunlight and rain. So, they won’t fade if you keep them outside all year long. They also dry fast when wet, making them an ideal choice for lakeside or poolside applications.
● Brazilian: Brazilian hammocks are also hand-woven like Mayan hammocks. They have a traditional design that ensures you stay in the hammock’s center. You can also get Brazilian hammocks in vibrant, bold patterns and colors.
● American: American hammocks feature a spreader bar, which is not available in traditional hammocks. A spreader bar is usually made from beech wood. The primary purpose of a spreader bar is to ensure the hammock stays taut. This helps to make climbing in and out of the American hammock easier. It also helps to keep the hammock from flipping over. American hammocks are ideal for sunbathing because their sides do not make shadows over the people lying in them. They can conveniently hold two people.
● Rope: if you want to create a tropical and relaxing hammock, you should consider getting a rope hammock. They are somewhat similar to American hammocks. They also feature a spreader bar. Manufacturers use thick ropes from cotton or polyester to weave these rope hammocks loosely.
Choose The Right Accessories
Choosing the right accessories for your preferred hammock can significantly impact your experience. To get you started, here are some common hammock accessories you might like
● Suspension: Although numerous hammocks feature their suspension systems, some hammock models require you to buy their suspension systems. Suspension systems include carabiners, cords, tree straps, springs, chains, S-Hook, etc.
● Hammock Stand: Normally, people hang hammocks outside between two trees. However, there are certain situations where the trees don’t have enough spacing. Getting a hammock stand might be the solution you need. It is one of the most comfortable hanging options for many hammocks. You can get hammock stands in various styles and sizes. They are also incredibly durable.
● Hammock Pillow And Pad Set: Consider getting a pillow and pad set if you want to make your hammock more comfortable. Also, they can change your hammock’s general appeal. They are usually made of soft quilted polyester or cotton material. You can get them in various patterns and colors. They are also easy to maintain and clean.
Hammocks are an ideal choice for your outdoor space. They are comfortable and can help elevate your outdoor space’s look. Before you can choose the right hammock for you, there are numerous factors you need to consider. The factors include the size of your hammock, its material, style, the right accessories, etc. These factors will help you choose the best hammock that will last many years while also providing comfort. With this hammock buying guide, getting your next hammock has been easy.