Top 10 Best Drip Coffee Makers Reviews and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
A drip coffee maker is an electrical appliance. In this appliance, all you have to do is to add coffee powder and cold water. The device will heat the water first. Once the water is heated, the appliance automatically pours it into the coffee powder through a filter. Finally, a hot cup of coffee comes out of the appliance.
One of the biggest advantages of a drip coffee maker is that it is easy to use. You can get your coffee ready with a push of a button. Further, nowadays, most drip coffee makers are programmable. Also, when you have this appliance, you can make coffee in large quantities that are ideal for a larger group of people. Also, this type of coffee maker is generally affordable as compared to other types of coffee makers.
1. 14-Cup Glass Carafe DC-3200P1 Fully-Automatic Drip Coffee Maker from Cuisinart
With this drip coffee maker, you have the option to make just a cup of coffee, or you can make utmost four cups at a time. The reason is that it offers a 1-4 cup setting. However, this appliance can make up to 14 cups of coffee at a time.
The unique features of this product are its auto shut-off feature and programmability.
- Uses expert coffee-maker technology to maintain perfect coffee temperature
- Offers brew-strength control facility
- Optional ready alert tone
- 24-hour programmability
- Easy-to-view water window
- Durable filters
- Operates louder
- It needs some cleaning
2. Simply Brew Digital Drip Coffee Maker from KRUPS
Indeed, this drip coffee maker has a compact design. However, it can make 10 cups of coffee at a time.
Comes with seamless touch functionality. Also, the design ensures that the brewing functions are easy to access. You can make light, medium, or bold coffee based on your taste with this coffee maker.
- Makes a maximum of 10 cups of coffee in a cycle
- Digital screen
- Customizable brewing functions
- Programmable for automatic next-day brewing
- Pause & serve the brewing system
- Dishwasher-safe glass pot
- The position of the opening for pouring water is awkward
- Not easy to clean
3. Brew Sense Drip Coffee Maker KF7150BK from Braun
This drip coffee maker can make 12 cups of coffee at a time. Also, it has 1-4 cup settings to make any number of coffee from 1 to 4.
It has a 24-hour clock with an automatic on/off function. The brew strength selector will let you choose between regular or bold coffee.
- Assures consistent brewing from the first to last drop of coffee
- Fully programmable design
- Brew strength selector
- Extra large digital display
- LCD Display
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Anti-drip system to pause or pour mid-brewing
- 24-hour timer setting
- Initially, it takes some time to understand the programming directions
4. EC-DAC50 Zutto Silver 5-Cup Drip Coffee Maker from Zojirushi
This drip coffee maker can be the best choice for a family of 5 coffee lovers. Yes, per brewing cycle, it can make five cups of coffee.
The filter cone in this 650-watt coffee maker sits inside the decanter, making it easier to use and compact. The automatic keep-warm function keeps the coffee warm for longer.
- Ideal for small families
- Removable water reservoir
- Keep-warm function
- Replaceable water filter
- Compact design
- Charcoal water filter
- No automatic turn-off functionality
- Works well only when the coffee powder is coarse ground
5. Retro-Style Drip Coffee Maker from Amaste
This drip coffee maker can be the right choice if you love retro. This artistic piece makes great-tasting coffee. Also, it makes your countertop attractive.
It comes with a glass coffee pot with a capacity of 25 oz. It has three modes of brewing and a reusable coffee filter
- Keeps your coffee warm for 30 minutes maximum
- Programmable design
- Visible water gauge
- Anti-drip design
- Easy to use
- Automatic shut off after 30 minutes
- Makes mild, medium, and strong coffee
- Makes cappuccino, latte, and iced coffee
- The keep-warm function is missing
- The holes for pouring water are too small
6. Drip Coffee Maker from GE
This drip coffee maker has been made in such a way that it can keep your coffee warm for two hours from brewing.
Further, this unit offers adjustable brew strength. The unique thing about this appliance is that it has a broad shower head to make sure that you can get the maximum flavor from each cup of coffee you make with it.
- Dishwasher-safe and reusable coffee filter
- Thermal vacuum carafe with double wall
- 1.5-liter capacity
- 24-hour programmable auto brew
- Adjustable brew strength
- Wide shower head
- Space for storing cord when not in use
- Cleaning the unit is not easy
- Hard to get the last drop of coffee from the carafe without opening the lid
7. Two-Way Brewer Coffee Maker from Hamilton Beach
You might wonder what a two-way brewer means from the name of this drip coffee maker. Yes, this unit provides you the option to choose to brew either a single cup or a whole pot.
When you brew a single cup of coffee, you will have to use loose-ground coffee, and this unit is not compatible with K-Cup pods. It comes with a two-hour automatic shut-off feature. It is programmable to keep the coffee ready when you wake up.
- It offers the flexibility to brew either a single cup or a whole pot of coffee
- Automatic shut-off after two hours
- Programmable to keep the coffee ready when you wake up
- Possibility to choose customized brewing strength
- Control panel and display
- Easy to use
- The single-serve basket does not have a fitting paper filter
- The single-serve brewer takes time to brew
- LED Light is blindingly bright
8. 5-Cup Mini Drip Coffee Maker from Capresso
This drip coffee maker can be the best choice for small families. It can make a maximum of five cups of coffee at a time.
It comes with a goldtone filter that eliminates the need for messy paper filters. Also, this filter makes it easy to clean the coffee maker.
- Programmable to automatically brew at a set time
- Coffee stays warm for two hours after brewing
- Glass carafe with lid
- Easy to pour and fill
- Hard to read the water level in the reservoir
- The timer/clock display is hard to read without light
- No water gauge on the outside of the coffee maker.
9. 12-Cup Programmable Retro Drip Coffee Maker from Nostalgia
This drip coffee maker brews up to 12 cups at a time. It is programmable with a 24-hour clock. It even has a delay timer that will allow you to schedule so that you can have your coffee ready when waking up.
- Pause and serve function
- Boil dry protection
- Keep warm mode
- Simple controls
- Anti-drip in carafe prevents mess
- LED Display
- It is hard to see the water level when filling up
- The carafe is very thin
10. Single Serve Coffee Machine from Sifene
This drip coffee maker is a three-in-one unit. Yes, you can use it as a leaf tea maker, ground coffee brewer, or K-cup capsule pod. It has a removable 50 Oz water reservoir and a 6-10 ounce cup.
This coffee maker will let you brew coffee of different cup sizes that range from 6, 8, or 10 oz. With this unit, you can brew tea or coffee with a simple button within a few seconds.
- Takes lesser space
- Travel mug-friendly design
- Simple to use
- Three-in-one brewer style
- To improve screen clarity, a red light button is part of it
- Makes coffee for smaller cups only
- Cleaning is painful
How to Choose the Best Drip Coffee Maker?
The capacity of the drip coffee maker is a crucial factor to consider. Nowadays, you can find units that make just a single cup of coffee. You can find options for bigger families. You should decide on the capacity based on your requirement.
If you do not want to wait for a hot cup of coffee as soon as you wake up, you should look for a programmable drip coffee maker. This feature will ensure that you can set an auto timer to switch on the appliance at a set time. In turn, it will prepare your hot coffee cup when you wake up.
A drip coffee maker with a thermal carafe will keep your coffee warmer for longer. So, even if you get up late, you can expect your coffee to stay warm.
At times, you might need a strong cup of coffee. But, sometimes, you might need it light. When a drip coffee maker has a brew control facility, you can get light, strong,, or medium coffee whenever possible.
Easy to Clean
Only when the drip coffee maker is easy to clean will you feel like using it again and again. So, not only easy to clean, the appliance should be easy to use as well.
Among the many factors, programmability is a crucial feature to consider when you wish to shortlist a drip coffee maker. Only then can you get your coffee ready as soon as you wake up. The keep-warm facility is equally important so that you need not have to reheat the coffee every time you wish to have a cup.
Among the top 10 drip coffee makers we have reviewed here, we feel that Brew Sense Drip Coffee Maker KF7150BK from Braun is the best choice. The reason is that it can make 12 cups of coffee at a time maximum. Even, you can use it to make a single cup when required. This flexibility will help you regardless of the size of your family. The programmability, auto power on and off, and brew strength selector make it the best choice.