10 Best Peppercorn Sauce – Taste Review and Buying Guide
Table of Contents
Our Top 10 Picks Peppercorn Sauce
Whether it adds flavor to your grilled recipes or to make a chicken sandwich much more flavorful, steak sauces are a must-have in your pantry. Peppercorn sauces can be zesty, smoky, spicy, a sweet or a blended combination of all of those flavors. But most of all they should have that classic peppery taste. So which steak sauce brand should you get? Here are our top peppercorn sauce reviews.
1. A.1. Smoky Black Pepper Steak Sauce
This is the classic steak sauce that everyone has probably tasted except with a tangy and smoky twist. It tastes sweeter than the regular A1 steak sauce but this just brings out the flavor profile of whatever steak you flavor it with. And speaking of meat it goes great with all kinds whether its beef, pork or even the chicken. Grill the meat and then spread this delicious sauce on top for some delicious added flavor.
The first flavor hint of garlic is absolutely great with the sweetness of the sauce. And the peppery aftertaste leaves a nice kick that adds some spice. And there is no need to add some extra salt to your meat since the A1 Smoky black pepper sauce already has a nice blend of salt added with its smoky-tasting pepper.
- Excellent blend of both salty and peppery flavors
- Classic taste that is tangy
- Bold rich flavor perfect for all kinds of meat
- The taste may be too sweet for some people
- Does not have the same level of spiciness as other sauces
2. Hunt’s Smoked Flavors Barbecue Sauce
This deliciously thick BBQ sauce can be smothered in anything. Whether it’s a grilled chicken sandwich, barbequed ribs or a classic steak, this sauce goes with everything.
It has that classic pepper spice flavor profile that really has a smooth aftertaste. And also, is that the hickory wood-smoked flavor is absolutely divine. We can spread this sauce on anything barbequed, and that hickory scented flavor will come out and make everything on your tongue way more delicious.
It has a really bold flavor that definitely stands out and is distinct from the other steak sauces out there in the market. Its thick texture also means that it works really nicely when you want to spread it out on sandwiches.
The Hunt’s smoked flavors barbeque sauce definitely has a very distinctive flavor profile that has a lot of admirers. And if you like it, you will certainly not go to any other steak sauce.
- The delicious hickory the smoke flavor is incomparable
- The black pepper base adds a smooth kick to the flavor profile
- Just the right consistency
- The taste may be too bold and strong for some people
3. Melinda’s Black Pepper Ketchup
Do you want something sweeter than regular steak sauce? This black pepper sauce excellently blends the classic black pepper flavor with a sweeter and more ketchup flavor. This is what makes Melinda’s sauce more unique compared to the other steak sauce offerings on the market.
It does not have the same kick or spice when compared to the other steak sauces, but what it does have is its zest. The brand says that it only uses the fresh ingredients to make the sauce and it sure tastes that way. The zesty flavor just explodes in your mouth.
And for those that prefer something less smoky or even spicy when they flavor their steak, this is the steak sauce to get. It has a clean flavor that is hard to beat with the blended flavors of both pepper and ketchup.
- A peppercorn steak sauce that is a step above regular ketchup sauce
- Has a nice smooth pepper aftertaste to it
- Deliciously sweet with a great blend with pepper
- Weak flavor profile when compared to other steak sauces
- Others have described it as tasting too much like ketchup
4. Stubb’s Sweet Black Pepper Anytime Sauce
When Stubb’s named this the anytime sauce they really meant it. You can really put it in everything that you can think of. Whether you are slow-cooking your meat, or if you want to marinate it first, Stubb’s sweet black pepper sauce goes great with any recipe that requires a bit of peppery sweetness to it.
And the sweetness of this pepper steak sauce is something to be lauded. It tastes sweet but without being too overpowering. Plus, the extra spicy flavor that is added to it is like a cherry on top of the sweet flavoring base.
- A robust flavor profile that is peppery through and through
- Will go great with any recipes
- The sweet and spicy flavors complement each other well
- The consistency is a bit light.
- Pricier than the other sauces
5. Le Sauce Gourmet Classic Green Peppercorn Finishing Sauce
You can literally add this finishing sauce on everything. It goes great with traditional meat dishes such as grilled chicken and steak. But it also tastes great with seafood such as shrimp and even stir-fried vegetables too. It adds that spicy yet sweet kick that brings out the flavor in almost any dish.
Its main flavor profile is a mustardy hollandaise like the taste. But it adds some zest to it with some hot pepper. And the consistency of the sauce makes it even taste better too. Since it is creamy and contains buttery, it absolutely melts on your tongue or whatever dishes that you put it on.
The creamy sauce has got green peppercorns in it, these aren’t too spicy but they add a bit of extra kick to the flavor of the whole sauce. If you are an amateur cook and want to make all of your dishes taste better. Then just add this when you are just about finishing it up, it’s a guarantee that it will taste much better.
- A great sauce to use on almost any dish
- The Hot pepper tastes amazing
- Creamy and buttery consistency adds a wonderful taste
- Comes in large jars that are hard to store.
6. Knorr Classic Sauce Mix
This is a great sauce mix when you want to make something taste great without too much effort. You simply add the powder mix with some hot water and with some stirring it should be ready to be placed on top of your steak and make it taste much more delicious.
This is a steak sauce mix for people that prefer a milder flavor profile. It isn’t as spicy or as peppery as other steak sauces on this list. So, if you are someone that is really sensitive to hot and spicy things, then this is the flavor for you.
It is just mild enough to add that pepper taste but doesn’t taste too sweet so that the peppery taste does not get overpowered. And another great thing about this sauce mix is that it is really affordable since a packet of it can last you a long time too.
- Easy to whip up a restaurant-quality sauce
- Mild spiciness great for people who do not like anything too hot
- Very affordable!
- Lots of artificial flavoring and ingredients
7. Green Jay Gourmet Black Pepper Ketchup
When you want a bit tangier flavors for your ketchup, then the green jay gourmet black pepper ketchup is the next step up. It boasts an added lemon flavor to its base ketchup taste to add that zesty kick. And it isn’t too spicy either so you can keep on adding it to your french fries, eggs, or steak without being too burned by the spiciness.
And just like any of the other black pepper sauces on this list, it has a smooth peppery taste as well. This makes it blend in well nicely with other dishes that you choose to spread or marinate this ketchup with. And the brand advertises it as gourmet ketchup, and with the flavor that it has with its unique spicy, that is certainly true.
- Has that nice lemon flavor to the zesty ketchup base
- Goes great with meat dishes and vegetable dishes too
- Again, this is a sauce that may be too zesty and sweet for some palates
8. Grill Mates Peppercorn and Garlic Marinade
Marinate your beef cuts or any other thick cuts of meat with this great marinade sauce. It has a very time-honored and a much-beloved peppercorn flavor profile that is both sweet and spicy but it adds a bit more to that flavoring with its own garlic seasoning.
This garlic seasoning just brings out the flavor of the peppercorn so much more. And not to mention when you marinate meat in it, the garlic flavor also makes that tastes so much better as well. The garlic flavor that this marinade has isn’t the only thing up its sleeve though.
It also has got a citrus flavor added to its seasoning, for some extra kick with its flavor. Again, this citrus flavoring just brings out both the garlic and the peppercorn seasoning. This zest also means that the meat that you marinade it with just makes everything tastes so much better.
It’s also a marinade mix that is not too overpoweringly bold either. So, if you want things milder, in terms of spiciness, yet still flavorful then the Grillmates Peppercorn marinade mix is for you.
- Strong garlic taste mixes great with the peppercorn flavor
- A great marinade for thick cuts of meat such as beef or lamb
- Nice added citrus seasoning for a unique flavor
- The flavor profile may be too bold for certain tastes
- It may not be spicy enough for many people.
9.Knorr Green Peppercorn Sauce Mix
Many people love the taste of peppercorn sauce, and if you want to get that same taste at a lower price and with an instant sauce mix, then the Knorr green peppercorn sauce mix is the one to get.
It has all the flavors that any peppercorn sauce should have. Meaning that its slightly peppery taste has some zest to it. So, you can add it with steak, barbecue or even sandwich recipes. And the best part about this sauce is that it really is instant since you can just mix it up with hot water and it will be ready in just a few minutes. It can be even added to pasta dishes to make them zestier and more flavorful as well.
The only downside is that since it is an instant sauce it does not have too much depth in its flavor. Aside from the pepper and some zest, there really is not much there in terms of taste. But if you like that simple taste, then this Knorr sauce mix should be just fine.
- Fast and easy to mix up
- Great for people who just want a simple no-nonsense peppercorn sauce
- It’s an instant sauce so don’t expect any depth of flavor
10. Lee Kum Kee Black Pepper Sauce
This is the pepper sauce to get if you want to whip up some authentic Chinese cooking. The black pepper sauce is seasoned with all sorts of delicious herbs that make dishes flavors just explode with their tang. And the herbs that it comes with are absolutely packed full of flavor, bringing a clean taste along with the black pepper flavor profile.
It goes great with stir-fry recipes, steak, chicken and basically any authentic Chinese recipe that you can think of. Plus, it is really spicy for that extra buzz of hotness in your mouth. You will relish the savory flavor that the LKK black pepper sauce brings to your dishes.
- Great for Chinese recipes
- Very spicy and adds a nice peppery kick
- Has a clean herb peppery taste profile that is perfectly seasoned
- It comes in a jar so not too easy to spread
- It is really spicy when compared to other pepper sauces
So, this is our list of the best peppercorn steak sauces. Each of these steak sauces should fit the palates of just about anyone. For those people who prefer the general taste of peppercorn with just the right balance, we would say that the A1 Smoky Black Pepper steak sauce is the best for you.
If you prefer something spicier and more gourmand in its flavor. Then, get the Le Sauce Gourmet Classic Green Peppercorn Finishing Sauce. It’s spicy and goes great with everything.
For people who like more seasoning with their sauces, then the Grillmates marinade mix is perfect for you. And if you just want something that is hassle-free and easy to whip up. Then the Knorr classic sauce mix is for you.
Whatever your taste preference is, you certainly find that these peppercorn steak sauces will add some flavor and kick to any dish that you whip up.
|Disclosure: We may get an affiliate commission when you purchase products via links on our site. Although we may receive compensation, we only offer our 100% honest reviews, experience, and comments. Learn more.|