How to Choose the Best Foot Massager?
Top Best Foot Massager Based on Reviews and Price
Why you Need a Foot Massager?
Undoubtedly, feet are the most hardworking parts of the human body. They support our body weight and they are responsible for carrying us around all through the day. This is why some times, we feel soreness and swelling in our feet, particularly at the end of the day. This is where a soothing foot massage will help with improving blood circulation and relieving fatigue and muscle tension.
It will not be possible for us to get to the spa every day for a massage. This is where a quality foot massager right at our home can be of great help to us. This device can bring us a similar type of relaxation as provided by a spa.
Top 6 Factors to Consider Before Buying a Foot Massager
With many different options available in the market, it might be overwhelming to make the right choice of the massager. Here comes the question of how to select the right foot massagers. Considering the points discussed below will help you arrive at the right foot massager for your massaging needs:
#1 Consider the Type of Massaging Technique
In general, foot massagers use different massaging techniques. Here are some of them to know:
- Oscillating foot assager: When you go for open-design models, they will offer oscillating massage in most cases. When you rest your feet upon them, these massagers will oscillate. When the unit is working, when you keep the pressure points in your feet, it will give a relaxing massage.
- Air Pressure Foot Massage: Most close-design foot massagers use this technology of massaging. They will use this massaging technique for relaxing the muscles in the arches and on the sides of your feet. In general, those units that offer this type of massage will have airbags on the massager wall that inflate and deflate to give the best massaging experience.
- Kneading Foot Massager: Both close and open design massagers use this massaging technique. This massage is done directly on your feet. Some massagers apply this technique using massage heads with different massage nodes. The head will spin clockwise and counter-clockwise to provide kneading massage on the soles of your feet.
- Shiatsu Foot Massager: Even, this massaging technique is used both by open and close-design massagers. This works by employing pressure on the various parts of your feet. The pressure will stimulate and will relax the muscles and it will help with improving blood circulation.
- Heated Foot Massager: This is a rare technique used by foot massagers. However, you will find models with this technology. Nevertheless, the level of heat produced will differ. When some models bring a warm sensation, some produce strong heat. The latter type is not safe for people, who have lost the sensation in their feet. However, others can use and it will produce relaxing massage by spreading warmth across the soles. This will be an added benefit, particularly during the cold season.
#2 Consider the Design of the Massager
The design of the massager will have a great impact on the massage experience you get. In general, most manufacturers these days use one of the two design options available in these chairs. Here are the details:
Most manufacturers choose to design their foot massager in open design. The good thing about this design is that it helps users to rest their feet comfortably on the deck of the massager even if they do not want to turn it on. Here are some positives about the open design:
- The foot massagers with this design are generally lightweight and they are highly portable as well. So, the user can carry it along with him even to the workplace.
- These models are silent and they will not interfere when you are engaged in your day-to-day activities at the workplace. It means that it will not attract the attention of others as well.
- Foot massagers with open design are considered stable. They are capable enough to keep your foot comfortable even when you place them on shiny or slippery floor surfaces.
- They will produce a complete massaging for your soles. However, most of them do not massage your calves and ankles. Even, nowadays, some models provide massaging to these parts as well.
- This type of massager will not massage your arches.
- Only some models of open-design massages will massage your heels.
- The low-maintenance feature of this type is yet another attractive thing.
This model is highly popular because of the many benefits it brings to the users. Here are some of them to know:
- This type of massager will work your ankles, calves, sides and even most models will massage your heels as well.
- This type will generally bring together more massage techniques during every massaging session.
- Even though the maintenance requirement of this model is higher, it will still be easier to handle the maintenance.
- Even, some models provide the facility to control the operation using a remote control. So, you can go for this model if you have difficulty with straightening and bending over like elderly people and individuals with chronic diseases.
- These models provide more massage intensity settings in such a way that you can customize each massage session as per your requirements and mood.
- Even though most massagers under this category are designed to fit all, some models might not be comfortable for use in the case of individuals with large feet.
#3 Consider the Purpose
When you will have to decide the right foot massager, you will have to consider the purpose for which you need the machine. For instance, some foot massagers are designed to provide stress relief and relaxation. On the other hand, some of them are designed to bring therapeutic benefits. For instance, these benefits include ache and pain relief, reducing inflammation and sores and improving blood circulation.
If you are a person, who is active and constantly runs and jog and if you are physically engaged with daily choruses or wears high heels regularly, you will probably have severe foot aches. In this case, you should go for a more professional foot massager with the capacity to improve blood circulation. Also, it will help you with restoration and energy in your feet after a day of exhaustion.
#4 Foot Massager Features
Different types of foot massagers with varied features are available in the market. For instance, when some massagers provide shiatsu massage, TENS/EMS therapeutic massage, some provide rolling massage functionality and heat-based massaging.
Some are also capable enough in providing electric foot vibrating massage and even some provide massage with hydrotherapy. Even, the system of operation varies from one product to another. Some needs manual operation, while some functions using a remote control.
When talking about the features, the intensity levels should be considered. For instance, an electric foot massager is known for providing different intensity levels based on your expectations and aches. However, when you have strong muscle pain or other foot-related issues, it is better not to use high-speed intensities.
#5 Weight and Size
The size of the foot massager will help with determining, who can use the unit and who cannot. Of course, most foot massagers are designed to provide comfort to most users.
However, that does not actually mean that everyone can use all massagers. The reason is that each massager has a limit on who can use it. Some are efficient enough in accommodating people with the feet size of 14, while some can accommodate only the maximum foot size of 10.
Just in case, you have large feet, you should be careful about selecting the foot massager that will accommodate your feet. You might think that there are no issues with people with smaller feet. But, they should not buy the ones that are designed for individuals with the larger foot.
The reason is that the one that is meant for individuals with larger feet might not be able to touch the nodes and massage heads for a person with smaller feet.
Weight is also an essential consideration as it will decide whether you can carry the unit to whichever place you go. However, those with more weight can bring more stability during massaging against lightweight variants.
#6 Stability is Important
You know that if you wish to prevent damage to the foot massager, you should not stand up when your feet are resting on the massager. You can push against the surface of the unit for a rougher massage. But, if you push it too hard, the motor might fail.
The stability of the unit is important and it is something decided by the design of the massager. Generally, open-design models are wide and low. It means that they offer better stability as compared to closed-design models. More than design, other factors also decide the stability of the unit.
When talking about stability, the feet of the massager should be considered. Most units have a small rubber foot that will keep the massager from slipping or sliding during the massaging session. Even, some models come with adjustable feet that will help you adjust the height as per your massaging needs.
Wrapping It Up
In addition to the features listed above, you should also consider the portability of the foot massager before you purchase it. Considering the points mentioned above, you can end up with the best foot massager for your entire family to use.