- 750 g chicken feet
- 2 tablespoons Sichuan pepper
- two star anise
- 2 small pieces cinnamon
- 2 small pieces bay leaf
- 10 g rock sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon thirteen-spice powder
- sliced ginger
- When blanch chicken feet, put in cold water and cook until boil. During the whole blanching process do not cover with lid.
- You can replace rock sugar with white sugar. But rock sugar can make the chicken feet look more shiny and beautiful.
- The thirteen spices the secret ingredient to make this dish. You can have a try it first. Other spices can be replaced as needed.
- Both dark soy sauce and light soy sauce are salty. The ingredient list does not include salt. If you have a strong taste, you can add some as you like.
- You can control the braising time based on your preference. If you like to eat chewy, simply do not cook too long. You can cook longer if you like the soft and strong taste.